cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transferring phone number issue.

Carolsinc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there

I am having trouble activating my account. I have gone through the process, paid for the month and attempted to transfer my old number. It has approved that but requires me to verify the transfer by receiving a text. The number I have transferred from is no longer activated so I therefore cannot receive texts. How do I cancel this and just choose a new number?

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

@Carolsinc 

Since the porting was not completed. Contact a CS_Agent by submitting a ticket through the Chat bubble or dm on Messages by tapping on your avatar top right to help you access your account.

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

you can choose to resend the code but select to use your email instead of text

Carolsinc

the old number was not on an active account. I made a mistake by attempting this transfer and now I am stuck being unable to open my account (due to verification sent to my phone). I need to cancel somehow and choose a new number

Carolsinc

Thank you for your response. I am unable to open my account because to get full access/ login it sends a 6 digit code to the number that is not active/disconnected.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Carolsinc 

Since your account with the old carrier is closed. You can’t port your number over. It needs to be activate.

If you are on the PM app. Go to Account tab>Change Phone Number.

IMG_0213.png

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @Carolsinc, for clarification, was your old number still on an active account or had you already cancelled with your old carrier? For number porting, your old number needs to still be active. If this was the case then you should be able to still transfer it out to PM (or any other carrier). Do you still have your old SIM installed in your phone so that you can get that text?

Neil11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You will need to contact customer service agent to fix your issue. Either via the following link:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

If you are having a difficult time, then you can private message CSA:

Send a private message to CSA through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.