cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from a 30 day plan to a 90 day plan

Wodahsshadow
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is it worth it in the long run especially for saving money..

I am currently on a 30-day plan at $31 ($39 plan)a month before taxes and with my rewards, I believe if I am reading this correctly if I switch to a 90-day plan I would automatically save an extra $5 a month which would bring my approximate monthly plan down to $26 a month

Am I wrong or am I right in thinking that this is, I am open to everyone's opinions on this please let me know

7 REPLIES 7

Liam98
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I believe it is worth the switch, I just made the switch over to a 90 day cycle myself. If you’re comfortable paying for 3 months at a time and have the ability to do so it is going to save you money.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Wodahsshadow 

yes, you can save $5 per 30 days.  Con is that you are locked in for 90 days , but with you only paying $31/30 days now and $26/30 days, I don't think they will have better deal with that much data any time soon

Also, the good thing is that they will give you all 60GB data in the beginning for you to use for the 90 days period.  So, you can use all 60 GB the way you like, but of course, don't overuse in the beginning and leave with no data on the last couple days  🙂

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

The pros have been noted and I agree with, however the cons are that it's prepaid up front for 90 days and there are no refunds if you want to cancel or switch plans. Since May plans have been changing at rapid pace, and usually for the better. This has caused a number of people here to have buyers remorse, but being stuck for 90 days as there are no refunds.

But yes, $5/month savings and essentially rollover data for 3 months.

Wodahsshadow
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Awesome, thankyou 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Wodahsshadow wrote:

Is it worth it in the long run especially for saving money..

I am currently on a 30-day plan at $31 ($39 plan)a month before taxes and with my rewards, I believe if I am reading this correctly if I switch to a 90-day plan I would automatically save an extra $5 a month which would bring my approximate monthly plan down to $26 a month

Am I wrong or am I right in thinking that this is, I am open to everyone's opinions on this please let me know

@Wodahsshadow , to add to what everyone else has said, just be sure you want to stay with Public Mobile, there’s no refunds if you decide you don’t want the plan in mid cycle! 😉 But it’s a really great plan & price paying for it this way. 😃 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

Yes it is $39 for 30 days and $34 a month if you go for 90 days.  What I like about the 90 day plans is that you get all the data up front to last the whole 90 days instead of losing each 30 days allowance at the end of each 30 days as happens on a monthly plan since it doesn't carry over.  If you're someone who likes to blow through a lot of data quickly then 90 days might not be the best option but if you want to have lots in reserve for emergencies I think it's worthwhile.  The downside is that you also have to pay for the 90 days up front.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Wodahsshadow  That’s exactly right you got it so it sounds like you have $8 in rewards now every 30 days so on a 90 day plan at the end of 90 days you will have $24 in rewards ( 3x rewards  ) ) pays because you opt in for 90 days you get additional $5 off every 30 days for grand total of $39 savings in the 90 days plan . I’m in the 150GB 90 day plan notice my rewards are x3 . Just be sure to change plans in renewal and not immediately or you lose money in your current cycle . So to start you pay $102 upfront for 60GB for 90 days minus your $8 in rewards and in 90 days in the next renewal you will pay $102 again minus $24 in rewards 

Handy1_0-1694257543857.png

Need Help? Let's chat.