cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September RAF $5 Credit

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Has anyone received the first $5 credit ($25) for the September RAF promo? The expectation was that it would arrive yesterday... being the end of the first week of October?

48 REPLIES 48

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

😀

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Lol...your quote brought to mind Ronald Reagan's "Mr. Gorbachev....Tear down that wall!" But the J. DOE was just me editing out the real name for privacy.

@computergeek541 

I have triggered the smut filter more times via a typo than by actual verbiage. Most often by hitting the "g" when typing "they".....the first time having to look the word up to understand what and why the smut filter was triggered?

I had alluded to contacting the appropriate regulatory agencies the day before in an effort to get the issue escalated....to no avail.It was only the 5th request and the magic letters that finally produced someone with authority.

@dust2dust wrote:

J. DOE eh? uh huh. Do you see the credit now?

I wouldn't think anything of the name given in the message.  If you've ever communicated with customer care at Telus Mobility via e-mail, you might have noticed that you're always communicating with someone who signs a name of N. Carter. N. Carter can't be the only person working at Telus.

@darlicious wrote:

Those magic 3/4 letters will always set off alarm bells and a flashing red light.....Stat....we have a CCTS in private messages....I repeat we have a CCTS in private messages......Stat....we need a manager!!🔔📣🔔☎️🔔📢🔔

I can confirm from experience that there are words/phrases/terms that alert Public Mobile of possible issues, and yes, CCTS is one of them. This gets done by essentially using the same thing as a swear word filter. If you ever receive a private message from someone at Public Mobile that says somethng along the lines of "Smut Filter: Your messsage contain the word ABCDEFG" (whatever that the word is), that's a message topic that got filled in by itself as the result of an automated detection of that word.  I can also say that with multiple instances of this occuring in a short period of time, it's more likely that the alert might not get seen due to the pure volume of them.

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

long and interesting flight.   Good ending:)

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@softech- I was going for Floyd. 🙂

I guess not all walls can be torn down

On 1989, Berlin Wall came down but the Great Wall still stand firm 33 years later  😞 

Tawny
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Very happy to hear that 🙂 Good for you for persevering. I wouldn't have the patience to go back and forth with the CSAs for 4 days.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It continues to amaze me how even regulars will just add contacting support with maybe one or two ideas to try to fix the problem. And they would know that the agents are not infallible. Some are obvious of course. But come on, try to nail down the problem and what to ask the agents for.

Tear down the wall!!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech @dust2dust @dabr @Lil_Flip @Tawny @Luddite 

You'll be happy to know the supervisor added the full $25 credit to the two referrers' accounts. Both the referrers and their referrals have now received their full $25 credit for the September RAF promotion. Mark this thread resolved.....just not easily.

This thread shows how "Contact customer support" does not produce a resolution alone. If the average customer is not given the background info, the escalation process, how to make their request, have documentation, understand that CSA's are frequently wrong and the encouragement and moral support of the community to continue to pursue their goal then contacting customer support can just exacerbate the issue and expedite the departure of the customer to another provider.

I am not finished with my customer support request as I would like to see public mobile's management investigate and review my experience with customer support this week and provide me with feedback from their findings on how they plan to ensure this does not occur to other customers as I am quite sure I am not the only one to hit this brick wall. I may be the only one to find a way over the wall so I want to make sure the wall is disassembled brick by brick by better communication, training, literature, policies and if necessary redundancies....not everyone has the demeanor or skill set to work in customer service.

J. DOE eh? uh huh. Do you see the credit now?

Way to keep up the fight though, as always.

Adding - the fine print says "limited to one credit per customer". I would read that as one credit for that promo. Then they have another promo.. well...another $5 please. There's no mention of not being able to make use of the new promo while you're receiving an earlier promo. It's just the continuing grade-school-level marketing prowess around here.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Finally.....a resolution forthcoming after first contacting customer support on Tuesday. I was just contacted by a a supervisor with this reply.......

My name is J. DOE, a supervisor on duty, thank you for your patience on this matter, I was reviewing the conversation and I went back to the promotion you are referring to,it was originally from Aug 15the to Sept 2nd, then we got another one from Sep 23rd until Oct 1st. In this case the numbers are eligible for the $25 credit.
Checking the numbers, the ones that are missing the credit are ph# 0000000001 and Ph# 0000000002  which I will apply  right now.
About the terms and conditions you have a point as it does not specify that only one promo can be active at the time but our system will not recognize a new one while there is one already active.I will make sure to pass the feedback so we can have more detailed guidelines in the future.

Thanks again for your patience 

The last paragraph helps explain part of the glitch.....of not receiving the credit. It doesn't explain my glitch from the May RAF. But will be of interest to @LurganIeUk  and a few others when I remember who they are?

It should be of interest to the members of the community whose flippant or indifferent responses in this thread show their lack of community leadership and care and concern for other customers receiving poor customer support. But I guess that earns ya the big bucks nowadays?

Thanks for everyone's genuine support and feedback I appreciate it more than you know!👍🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

The 4th bonus referral credit promotion of 2022 ended at 11:59:59pm et on September 30th 2022. The CSA gave me the details of the 3rd promotion that ended on September 2nd 2022.

I only have copies of 3 of the emails sent out by digging thru the emails tied to other accounts as both of my accounts rarely if ever get any promotional emails from pm. Evidenced by not receiving an email about the outrageously high 30% rate hike to my now unlucky $13 account. Of which all 3 of the referrals I made from it since reactivation in early July conveniently occurred between bonus RAF promotions. That's why the CSA wording of "extending" the promotion is also of such interest to me.

I did the activations of all the accounts in question....so trust me they complied with all of the eligibility requirements set out by public mobile. What concerns me even more is if I am having this much trouble getting the credits added how many other customers who have had the "glitch" occur have run into this brick wall of misinformation from customer support? Really to call this customer support or even customer service is a joke....not even worthy of one star? 8t pales in comparison to the "5 stars all day" customer service I had received from CCS. (Now koodo customers get stacking promos and 5 star service from CCS.😪)

Don't forget I only recently resolved my "glitch" issue from the May RAF where I ran into similar issues with customer support but fortunately aside from the first two CSA's misinformation and the two "tickets" closed at random as resolved once it was established that the referral met the eligibility requirements my dealings were with experienced senior CSA's awaiting the tech teams attempts at correcting the "glitch" which has been an abysmal failure.

If @J_PM and/or @Tiana_V have been ignorant so far on this issue they won't be any longer. I have finally on Day 4 had my support request successfully escalated to management. I am told I will have a response within 24 hours. I had to pull out the CCTS and Competition Bureau of Canada cards to get it though?!! Those magic 3/4 letters will always set off alarm bells and a flashing red light.....Stat....we have a CCTS in private messages....I repeat we have a CCTS in private messages......Stat....we need a manager!!🔔📣🔔☎️🔔📢🔔

@darlicious   so, the 2 friends really activated after the end of the promotion?

@darlicious   Lol...well at least the referrals got the promo! 

As for the the promo offer dates (extension?), I'm quite sure I've received an email or text dated Sept. 23rd for this promo and the accounts just needed to be activated by Sept. 30th to qualify.  Yep, seems like PM is definitely playing hardball and kinda fast and loose with some facts here.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I don't know if I want to scream or cry? After being told that the bf and one of my homeless referrals need to contact customer support for them to receive support on this issue. Neither of them have a clue how to do this nor would they have the patience to deal with this bull malarkey.....which seems to be pm's shady way of ripping off customers of their deserved promotional credits?!!

In regards to the support request here is the latest info from today's CSA....

In addition, let me share with you that after reviewing our promo catalogue  we found that the Refer a friend promotion: One-time $25 bonus ($5 every 30 days for up to 5 months) was launched in May and then, in August. The terms and conditions of the promotion specify:

-The friend must activate by September 2, 11:59PM EST

However, it is my understanding that the referees activated:

10000000001 on September 30th, 2022 and 10000000002 on September 27th, 2022

According to the information that is why the credit wasn't applied automatically by our system. After reviewing the information my previous colleague added a $25 credit towards each of the new accounts but we won't be able to add more credits to the other accounts because the activation wasn't completed during the time that the promotion was valid. 

We sincerely apologize for the confusion with the information provided and we appreciate your understanding, let me know if you have any further questions!

@dabr 

Yes....as the CSA reiterated above.👍

@darlicious    Did the referred parties receive their $5 credit even if it was disallowed for the referrer based on this unknown rule of being available only for one annual promo per customer?  Otherwise, it seems like both parties are getting penalized.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

To be clear....the two accounts I am fighting for each referred a customer for the May RAF and the September RAF. They are being denied their $25 credit for the customers they referred in September.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite 

Thank you. Finally some confirmation that my sanity is intact and advice worthy of one's role in the community. My reverence knows no bounds.🤪

@darlicious  Yep, it's nonsense to claim there was a limitation of one per customer per year.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am 

A wall of one?

It is what it is.  Hot selling items are quite often one per customer.  

@darlicious   but the 2nd and 3rd friend you referred did get the bonus $5 x 5 month?  Even you hit the wall, the wall didn't stop your friends after to "get through", right?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@will13am 

A wall of one?

@computergeek541 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

And the latest response.....

The promotion was advertised on our website:

Limited to one credit per customer — One-time $25 bonus ($5 every 30 days for up to 5 months). 
Eligible customers will receive a monthly SMS confirmation when the credit has been applied to the account.

@computergeek541 @Dunkman @Luddite @ShawnC13 

Did I miss something with these promotions? Care to weigh in? Any insight?

Sorry, but I haven't read anyting about this promotion other than the terms of it that were published.

It is quite possible that there is such a limit and it is buried in fine print that nobody can find or bother to read.  The sister brand Koodo does use a referral limit.  Back when I was their customer I recall it was $ limited to $300 per line per year.  At the account level it was $2100 per year based on maximum of 7 lines per account.  I know the nitty gritty because I bumped into the limit.  Nothing like hitting a wall to know that it is a wall, lol.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

The question I am asking is.....Do you understand this to be one credit per customer per promotion or per annum?

I think the average person would read the eligibility requirements especially when you continue to receive these promotional emails for subsequent promotions after you have made bonus referral on an earlier bonus RAF promotion as one credit per customer per promotion. No where does it state one credit per customer per calendar year or between May 19th 2022 and September 3rd 2022?

If public mobile has resorted to only allowing one $25 bonus referral credit per customer per annum they really are the cheapest mobile provider in Canada!!

@darlicious wrote:

And the latest response.....

The promotion was advertised on our website:

Limited to one credit per customer — One-time $25 bonus ($5 every 30 days for up to 5 months). 
Eligible customers will receive a monthly SMS confirmation when the credit has been applied to the account.

@computergeek541 @Dunkman @Luddite @ShawnC13 

Did I miss something with these promotions? Care to weigh in? Any insight?

Sorry, but I haven't read anyting about this promotion other than the terms of it that were published.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

Right at 7pm pt I get a reply telling me if they don't hear from me within 24 hours they will close my request. That was the final straw. I sent a message that I will seek resolution on behalf of the two customers I am representing thru the appropriate regulatory agencies.

@darlicious    This doesn't seem right.  If this promo is only available once per year/customer, then somewhere it should note that and the CSA should be able to highlight the appropriate text mentioning that..  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Sheesh! Not only am I getting radio silence in this thread I'm getting it from customer support. Looks like a fourth day of wasting my unpaid time.....easy for someone being paid to drag their feet and hope I just give up?!! Lol.....they must not realize who they are dealing with?

Bark, bark, barkity bark! Bark! Bark! Grrrrrr! Bark ! BARK! BARK!! 🐺 Yes I am that kind of a dog with a bone!!🍖😡🦂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

OK now if thus isn't a single finger salute from customer support......?

No worries, we just kindly as you for your patience.

Remember that you can get help 24/7 using our chatbot SIMon at the following link: 

https://bit.ly/2J2yMX0 or, you can find answers, ask questions, and share ideas if you click here 

https://bit.ly/2IdEl6c

to reach the community.

Like "What the.....?" kind of response is that? Third agent today....... stepping into a quagmire they should immediately retreat from.....

Need Help? Let's chat.