cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not update credit card expiry update

mike7095sk1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was trying to help my Mother update her credit card expiry date. I was using the website on Chrome in windows 10. I never saw a way to edit the credit card so I re-entered the credit card with the new expiry date gave me an error message. So I paid in advance with card so there wasn't an interruption of service for the month.

I downloaded the app for ios and tried again to change the card this time I got the error message wrong postal code, the first try was all caps postal code, the second try, the first letter was capitalized and rest was lower case also failed

Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mike7095sk1, found this post from a little bit ago which might help. The points below are in the link as well...
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Resolved-Issues-Updating-Credit-Cards/t...

• Log out of your account and relog in before updating your card
  • If you attempted to update the same card multiple times please try again tomorrow or today with a different card as there is a daily limit on update attempts for security purposes. 
  • Make sure that your credit card postal code matches your phone number's area code
  • As always, please be sure that you are inputting the correct card details

@mike7095sk1 wrote:

I was trying to help my Mother update her credit card expiry date. I was using the website on Chrome in windows 10. I never saw a way to edit the credit card so I re-entered the credit card with the new expiry date gave me an error message. So I paid in advance with card so there wasn't an interruption of service for the month.

I downloaded the app for ios and tried again to change the card this time I got the error message wrong postal code, the first try was all caps postal code, the second try, the first letter was capitalized and rest was lower case also failed

Credit card update failure is something that has long been a concern at Public Mobile.  I do not believe that that upper or lower case makes any difference.  Some have indidcated that there could be an issue with the app trying to cross reference your current location to your credit card billing address/postal code, so try manually enabling the location permissions for the Public Mobile app.

Need Help? Let's chat.