Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card spoofed?

Nbroken
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

3AE1E33F-8E9A-4CE4-BC96-A125B2F5146D.png

F0183AC4-7358-4B19-AA4A-CB4A5557B568.png

Hi. 

I was going through my daughter’s phone and then the account usage history, just checking things out and there are some HUGE discrepancies. The most startling is that there is a phone call to a number that is listed for 38 minutes in the account usage history, which my daughter DID NOT CALL. I checked the phone history and usage on the phone…nothing is there. This is not a number in her contacts. She helped me look at all her friends numbers to determine if it was a pocket dial. Seriously, she only FaceTimes and uses messenger kids. Stranger yet, even though this is listed in the account history page, the minutes have not been used up on her account. Further there are major data usage history like for 41megs at 2am, on a school night which I have her phone for.

before we go…you don’t know your kids. I do. I work in tech. My kids don’t need to break the rules with phones because they have iPads in their beds with them that have games and all their friends contacts and stuff (and no SIM cards). AND my kids HATE talking on the phone because let alone for 38 minutes. So I am 1000% certain this isn’t our stuff, especially the calls and especially if those time stamps are correct.

How do I get someone from public mobile to contact me to sort this out? 

10 REPLIES 10

@Nbroken 

Even if the device is powered OFF, the usage records will display two blocks of data posted in the early morning hours and the early afternoon.

These are cumulative values for the preceding 12-hour periods, not indicative of the time of use.

Nbroken

Ok so the data usage time stamps are just at a random time and summarized from the day? So I don’t have to worry that someone is using her data at 1:34am…when her phone is actually at home and connected to wifi?

Nbroken

OMG I feel like an idiot now. Yes we actually have voice mail disabled for her and that would have been me checking that it was still disabled 😉 

thanks!

Chrissyrioux12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi the data usage as well 41 mb is not alot and that’s the total usage for the day calculated in one lump sum an app in the back ground could use up that little data 

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

00:38 Min actually means 38 seconds, fractional minutes

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Nbroken  Nothing to be concerned with , number ending 4001 are voice mail as already mentioned , your not the first to be rightfully alarmed by this , and won’t be the last I’m sure this is a common inquiry .

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @hairbag1   the 580-4001 number is your voicemail number

the usage history records any calls going to voicemail or when you call from your mobile phone

Not sure if you are on $15 plan with limited outgoing minutes.  Incoming calls that gone to VM won't counted towards the minute bucket but if you check VM from your phone, it will be counted.  So, best to check VM from another phone or landline

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Nbroken 

the calls ending in 4001 are voicemail numbers.

added...

try this too...

refresh.jpg

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can open ticket easily at  : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. start by typing : Contact CS Agent
  2. then Click "Contact Us"
  3. then Click "Other"
  4. finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Nbroken   no worry

the number ended with 4001 is the Voicemaiil number.  It will show up there whenever a call is forwarded/routed to voicemail or when you check your VM from your phone.  So, the calls are legit

Need Help? Let's chat.