cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card swap

winonacardinal2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For some reason it won’t save my changes when I enter the new SIM card # , but when I save my changes to my name it saves .. I bought a new sim card because I lost my phone an have to get new one 

7 REPLIES 7

@winonacardinal2 

Understandable.

Try the steps immediately above.  If you need assistance from customer support accessing self-serve or completing this change, here's how to reach them:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

winonacardinal2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My account is active I just need to activate my new SIM card with my same number I always had 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Specifically @winonacardinal2 :

How To Change Your SIM Card

In order to change the SIM card associated with your account, you must now verify your request through a one-time security code that will be sent via SMS or email.

To change your SIM card, please follow the below steps:
  1. Log into your My Account
  2. Select ‘Update SIM Card’, and in the ‘Change SIM Card Number’ section enter your new SIM card number
  3. In case you have not performed two-factor authentication at login, you will be prompted to perform it now. Select ‘Phone’ or ‘Email’ for the desired mode of security verification.
  4. Enter your Public Mobile phone number or Registered My Account email address and verify that you’re not a bot by entering captcha details.
  5. Select ‘Send Code’ & enter the 6-digit security code sent to your phone number or email address.
  6. Once you have verified your code, click “Save Changes” to complete your SIM card change, and you’re all set!
HALIMACS_0-1677073318109.png

HALIMACS_1-1677073318109.png

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@winonacardinal2 - can you bring your account status to Active, then proceed with SIM swap? You may need to make a manual payment to do so if you are past your renewal date.

See "How To Change Your SIM Card" in this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap

If issues with your My Account, click here to request a SIM Swap with the Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA): Submit ticket for a SIM SWAP

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@winonacardinal2  This has to be done on a computer sign into self serve and go to profile tab and swap SIM card thru quick links 

My account

Legend  and features

Change plan / update cc /auto pay

Handy1_0-1677065268195.png

Account #/ change # port /swap SIM

if your still having issues you can ask support to help help you do this as well 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@winonacardinal2 

Additionally, if by chance you set your account to lost/stolen mode, make sure to remove that designation when updating the SIM card number on file

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@winonacardinal2 

Many users have found greater success when doing this on a desktop or laptop device.

After doing it, log out, clear cache and cookies and login using incognito tab. You might notice that the changes were in fact saved.

Also, try tapping the highlighted area when logged into self-serve for a refreshed page version:

HALIMACS_0-1677062190750.png

Need Help? Let's chat.