cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receive OTP/sms/2FA while abroad, thailand etc

Jakezxcxz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I was in thailand 3 months ago and I noticed that I couldn't receive 2FA sms because I guess pm does not have roaming. I guess now time has changed, since royalty program also changed. I see under my plan, there is unlimited international text. 

Am I able to receive texts overseas cuz I am still abroad and I still cant receive any sms here and thus not able to log in to some of my accounts. I am also using an iphone and pm is on my esim.

9 REPLIES 9

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If PM does NOT provide service in your country then you cannot receive/send sms or call at all.

Unlimited sms works only when you are in Canada (USA).

@Jakezxcxz  freedom has it for all plans.

According to their website only for the $45 and $65 plans, so it will cost extra, but you have to go with your needs so if that works for you then go for it.

Jakezxcxz

Hopefully pm support tells me otherwise, freedom has it for all plans. Global roaming and receiving 2FAs is a necessity nowdays.

hi @Jakezxcxz 

the unlimited international text is for testing from Canada

when you are in other country, you need roaming to use the service but PM does not have roaming other than US

So, in short, you won't get any text when you are in Thailand.  If you need the voice and text

@Jakezxcxz  It says unlimited international texts.

Yes, meaning you can text to and receive from other countries while you are in Canada.  Canada only has roaming in the US.

Jakezxcxz

thank you, yeah I did that to log in.

Jakezxcxz

It says unlimited international texts. I asked freedom mobile and their customer support told me I could receive texts overseas and I can switch esim while abroad. I dont wanna do it because of the hassle. I've been on autopay while abroad since 4 months ago.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Jakezxcxz   I see under my plan, there is unlimited international text

That only applies to texts sent from Canada.   No you can't receive texts when overseas, only in Canada and the US.  Have you been on autopay while you were gone, so your PM account is still active?

@Jakezxcxz 

you can ask the code to send to email instead
On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Didn't get the code? or  Resend code and then choose Send email

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.