cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to transfer number

Neenu1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am unable to transfer my number. I am moving out of Public Mobile and have obtained a new SIM with a different provider. However, I am unable to transfer my current Public Mobile number to my new one. My subscription expired a few days ago, and I just want to port the number. When I initiate the transfer, I receive a message asking, "This is our last attempt to get your authorization........" I responded YES to it, but it seems the message is not delivering because I don't have an active subscription. I don't want to activate a subscription just for the sake of the transfer. Can someone help me with what I can do? Are there any Public Mobile representatives I can talk to or who can help me here?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Neenu1 

If your PM account is suspended then you need to make a payment for this following month. Unfortunately since PM is a prepaid service…there are no refund for unused days. You might want to port over to Koodo 2 days before your next renewal date.

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Try calling Koodo and let them know of your situation, that you are with Public Mobile but can't afford to have 2 plans going for a month, good chance they will be able to help you, it's worth trying... otherwise you will lose your number and not know if a quick phone call could have worked so it's like 50/50 🙂

Neenu1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for getting back. My new provider is koodo , still I only have this option ? Because its too much to pay monthly for public mobile and for koodo. Any other routes ? Thank you 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Neenu1 

only active account can port  out the number.  Did you ask your new carrier and confirmed that the port was not successful?  if it fails, then you have no choice but to reactivate your service for a month.  If that is what you need to do, change the plan to $19 to minimize the cost

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Neenu1 if your new company is Telus or Koodo you might have a chance of porting your PM number over to one of them since PM is part of that group (you would need to call them to explain that you are with PM) but if it's a different company you won't be able to, the account must be active

Need Help? Let's chat.