cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile number stopped working

Sanakhan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

While I was out of Canada for couple of months, my number stopped working. What to do? Any suggestions please?

25 REPLIES 25

@Sanakhan 

do you have a spare unlocked phone you could try your Pm sim in that other phone.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you dial the toll free number provided earlier from another phone? We're trying to find other ways to get your account status. Unless you can log in to your account.

Sanakhan

I am using Android. I dont think if i have any vpn settings.

Sanakhan

i did not hear anything to be honest. I do not know what is going on

Ok since you're still talking to us 🙂 Android or iphone? Can you do a reset network settings?

Adding - although that will remove saved wifi connections and paired bluetooth devices so you know.

more - and do you have any vpn setting set?

@Sanakhan 

Again....I'd still like to know the message you hear when you dial 611.

HI @Sanakhan 

it is weird.  So, you try calling the 1-855 number and what the system says about your next renewal date?

and can you login to My Account? if not, don't wait, submit a ticket with CS agent and ask       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Sanakhan

I took out the sim and put it back and restart. I made a call on my friends mob and it worked but soon after it has stopped working again. 

And this is the "problem" with hurrying to direct people to support. We can still help and guide this customer but now they're in the hands of support who will walk them through all the same things that we can suggest.

Sanakhan

Thanks for your kind message. I have already sent you a personal message. Waiting for your kind reply pleae.

@Sanakhan wrote:

Nothing comes up yet. 

So I'm clear...you put the PM sim back in the phone...and nothing happens when you dial 611...is that about correct ?

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello there, and thanks for visiting our community forum.

The community is a great way of searching for answers and help from our customers, however if you still need assistance, and you have reached out through a private message, we kindly ask to keep an eye on your community inbox.

Our customer support team will get in touch as soon as possible.

Public Mobile Team.

Sanakhan

Nothing comes up yet. 

HI @Sanakhan when you last paid for PM service?

from another phone, call 1855-4-PUBLIC and enter your number, can the system find your account?  If not, you missed the payment for 90 days and account was closed

So you've put the Public sim back in the phone and restarted and nothing works? Calls? Real sms texts? Data? What recording do you get when you dial 611? Or from another phone dial 1-855-4pu-blic and your number and what recording. Are you able to log in to your account?

@Sanakhan 

what message did you hear when you dialed 611 using the cell ?

Sanakhan

Yes, I am in Canada. Thanks for the link. messge sent. Lets see

Sanakhan

I am back in Canada and now have found it not working. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you did not make a payment (at least once in a 90 days) your account is deleted, number lost.

Were were you? Did you expect PM services at location where you were? You could have service in USA only with proper add-on or Can & US plan. PM does not provide service anywhere else.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Sanakhan wrote:

While I was out of Canada for couple of months, my number stopped working. What to do? Any suggestions please?

HI @Sanakhan 

where were you? if you were in US, you need roaming add-on or you need to have Canada-US plan

But you are back in Canada now and everything is working now?

Sanakhan

Thanks dear. Let me try it.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sanakhan 

Are you trying to use your service outside of Canada or the US? 

If you are, do know that Public Mobile only works in Canada and the US (with a Can-US plan or roaming add-on) no other countries are currently supported. 

Please click this link below to message customer service:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in (envelope icon on desktop, click your avatar icon in the corner and then click messages if on mobile).

@Sanakhan 

you could dial 611 using your cell to hear account status and to pay using registered credit card. You could also pay using payment voucher you get at Shell gas.

Sanakhan

Thanks for your reply. I pay it regularly. Do they have any franchise where I could contact?

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sanakhan 

When was the last time a payment was made to the account? 

If over 90 days passed after a payment wasn’t made then the account is permanently closed.

Need Help? Let's chat.