cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find My Location Stopped Working

LA1969
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My son and I both have iPhones with Pub, but recently, the "Find My Location" feature has stopped working for us. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I can still see my daughter's location without any problems since she's with a different cell phone company. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@LA1969 

Find My is in your Apple ID account and on the Find My app on your phone.

If it is cell connection then you need to reset your Network setting so go to Settings >General>Transfer or Reset iPhone>Reset>Reset Network settings.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Public Mobile does not hide network connection information from customer's phones.  It is all up the customer to decide based on privacy settings how much of the location information is made available to the various apps that may want location data.  

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@LA1969   Happened to me with a family member with a different phone company.  Oddly (and from what I've read this is quite common) find my device would still work but not find the person.  Some tweaking of settings on the errant phone seems to have fixed it or else it fixed itself.  It seems to be a fairly common problem based on the number of posts I found through Google.  I assumed it was more of an Apple/iPhone settings problem than a carrier problem.

@LA1969 wrote:

My son and I both have iPhones with Pub, but recently, the "Find My Location" feature has stopped working for us. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I can still see my daughter's location without any problems since she's with a different cell phone company. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Other than providing an internet connection, the find your phone service isn't something that is being done by Public Mobile as it's a service being offered by Apple.  Is your internet data connection working?

LA1969
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

*Correction...with Public Mobile, but recently...

Need Help? Let's chat.