cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out to a different provider

Spnkr365
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to port out to Freedom Mobile and when they tried initiating it, their system is saying my current# is "inactive or suspended". My current subscription and all my services are currently active with Public Mobile. 

I also didn't receive any text from Public Mobile about a port out when Freedom initiated it.

Not sure what's going on. 

8 REPLIES 8

Spnkr365

Last payment was July 29th and checked all my previous payment transactions. All went through and are good.

hi @Spnkr365 

if you said first off every month then you really have to check your account status.  PM is  30-day schedule so it won't be the same day every month,  your account might be really suspended

Check and see

@Spnkr365 wrote:

1st of every month. Currently have public esim and all services are good. I have opened a ticket. Let's see 

Public Mobile plans run for 30 (with a couple of 90 day plans)....as such the renewal dates will vary. You can't plan on renewal occurring the "1st of every month".

@Spnkr365 

PM is on a 30 day cycle so it is not on the 1st of each month. It is shorten by a day every 2 months.

If you are on AutoPay then you would have paid for your next cycle. Unfortunately no refund on unused days for prepaid service.

Spnkr365

1st of every month. Currently have public esim and all services are good. I have opened a ticket. Let's see 

Spnkr365

Currently have public esim and all services good. I have opened a ticket. Let's see 

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Spnkr365 I would go into your PM app and confirm your account status, you can also try calling out and have someone call your cell number to see if it is working. Your PM SIM must be in your phone so that you can receive the confirmation text to port out and you will have 90 minutes to respond Yes

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Spnkr365 

When is your next payment date with Public mobile?  Is everything working fine with your PM phone services?

If PM account is active, then you will need to contact PM customer service agent.  

Send a ticket via the chatbot to customer service agent (CSA) via link:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.