cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan did not renew with auto-pay. Double charged. Cannot submit ticket.

Steve13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As per title. My service was disconnected and I received a SMS stating that my plan did not renew as a 'payment had not been received.' I am on autopay and a charge has indeed been applied to my CC# before investigating this problem. After accessing my account and clicking on 'Renew Plan' I was charged for the same amount once again for the same amount. 

I have attempted to submit a ticket, however I receive an error both with an attempt to verify my account by SMS or using the 'verify with account details' option.

My service has been reactivated, however I am left with a double charge on my CC#.

Help appreciated!

S.

16 REPLIES 16

@Steve13 wrote:

Service has been restored and all is well, but I have two back-to-back charges of $24.15 applied to my CC# today.

Please confirm if one of those duplicate charges is pending or both are actual charged posted.

If have been double charged in error, contact agent and ask for refund.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Steve13 - looking at the date of your renewal (Feb. 12/22) and the fact that you do not see any extra $'s in your Available Funds account then I believe @softech is likely correct.

Credit cards companies can show both Pending and Authorized/Approved charges. Sometimes there are multiple Pending charges showing during activations or renewals, but when the payment gets authorized, the incorrect amounts will fall away, then the real one will stay.

Since this seems to be an autopay failure, I would tell customer support (CSA) to let them know (Autopay really should not 😞 ). Which is sounds like you tried to submit a ticket anyhow.

Why couldn't you submit a ticket? Was it through SIMon Chatbot you were trying to use? Go with the link @Dunkman provided, if SIMon was giving you issues.

Hi @Steve13 

It is quite possible what you were seeing was the stupid messaging Public Mobile displays on the self-serve on the eve of every renewal for customers on auto-pay. (see very bottom for example)

This, inevitably, has lead many a customer to 'believe' they are disconnected (or going to be disconnected).   I can't tell you how many customers have gone and made last-minute payments to avoid what they believed was going to happen, only to wake up the next morning and realize their account was just going through the 'normal' auto-pay sequence that Public Mobile has created.

@softech poses a good question - did, at any time, you completely lose all calling and texting services, or was the threat of this what caused you to make payment?

If the latter, then await until the charges on the payment card reconcile and hopefully you'll only see one as a posted or authorized charge.   If there was another, it'll likely show under your Available Balance for use against a future renewal.

By any chance, did you see the below messaging prior to you making the payment:

HALIMACS_0-1644760075554.png

@Steve13   did you lost service at all on Feb 12 for almost a full day?

I wonder if you did trigger the renewal by clicking on the "Reactivate current plan" button or if it was just the renewal.  PM renewal process took couple hours.  It first changed the status to Plan Expired.  That scares people a lot but in fact that was nothing. The plan still work even it said plan expired.  All it means is that PM is going to renew the plan in the next couple hours.  Usually we don't do anything when it shows Plan Expired.  It will go through the different steps in its renewal process and it will eventually done and change the status back to Active.  Again, those couple hours of renewal, it shouldn't affect your service at all. 

Steve13

I'm wondering if autopay did actually fail, as I was encouraged to offer a manual payment as an option once service was disconnected.

I did not 'Manually Pay'. I have never had to 'Manually Pay.'

I simply clicked on 'renew plan' which resulted with the double payment.

Thanks for all the input!!

@Steve13   did you initial a manual pay?     Was it any time the service wasn't working?

Most the time, Autopay would work but it fails occasionally.   

If you did manual pay, then pay attention  on the next renewal day, i believe it would be March 14, to confirm if Autopay triggers successfully.

Steve13

Thanks softech,

I'll give it a couple of days to see if it resolves itself, but shouldn't autopay plans just simply renew? Does one normally need to access their account, sign in, and manually need to renew their plan? I just want autopay to take my money! 🙂

@Steve13   it might be a pending charge only.  Some cc won't take off the pending charge immediately and and you will see 2 charges like that on the CC for a day or two

from your transaction log, it is correct.  PM only took $21+tax from your account and

they given you $4 reward

Feb 12, 2022Reward - Loyalty Recognition/Récompense - Reconnaissance de Fidélité$1.00 $4.00
Feb 12, 2022Reward - Refer-a-Friend ($1 per active friend) /Récompense - Référez-un-ami (1 $ par ami actif)$1.00 $3.00
Feb 12, 2022AutoPay Reward$2.00 $2.00

they took $21  +tax

Feb 12, 2022Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit$21.00 

$25.00

then they apply the rewards and charges towards your $25 plan (they broke into 2 lines)

Feb 12, 20221GB at 3G Speed/ 1Go à la vitesse 3G $15.00$0.00
Feb 12, 202230-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00$15.00

Steve13

Service has been restored and all is well, but I have two back-to-back charges of $24.15 applied to my CC# today.

@Steve13   it looks like it is going through a renewal.  Is your plan status showing Plan expired.

Try to make a call and see if service still working

these 2 lines, PM just broken your $25 plan into two transactions, this is normal

Steve13

I did not try to change my plan. The 30 day plan + 1 GB is a ???. 

Steve13
Feb 12, 2022Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit$21.00 $25.00
Feb 12, 2022Reward - Loyalty Recognition/Récompense - Reconnaissance de Fidélité$1.00 $4.00
Feb 12, 2022Reward - Refer-a-Friend ($1 per active friend) /Récompense - Référez-un-ami (1 $ par ami actif)$1.00 $3.00
Feb 12, 2022AutoPay Reward$2.00 $2.00

@Steve13 wrote:

No... $0.00 for available funds, and looking at my next 'payment for next cycle' it seems that I have lost my rewards

Thanks for the PM link. I'll give that a go.

Can you check the Transaction log (https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Payment-History/) to confirm if PM did charge you any money.. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Steve13   Can you check if there is any fund sitting as Available Fund on My Account?

If so, can you do a manual payment of $1 from Payment Tab->One time payment using "Other" from the pull down and that would trigger the renewal.

Steve13

No... $0.00 for available funds, and looking at my next 'payment for next cycle' it seems that I have lost my rewards

Thanks for the PM link. I'll give that a go.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Steve13 

Do you see extra available funds?  Sometimes when you are double charged, the extra funds will be available for next month's payment.  You could request a refund to your credit card, but sometimes it can take several weeks to process.  Easier to just leave for next month.

If you don't see the extra available funds and ticketing system not work, 

Send a private message to customer service agent through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.