cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM Activation failed

BarB113
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a Motorola One 5G Ace phone. Before ordering (& paying for) an eSIM, I checked that my phone's IMEI code was valid. It was, so I proceeded to submit payment and proceeded to use the QR to download the app to my phone. When I attempted to activate the eSIM, the message was that my phone wasn't compatible and I'm unable to proceed further!! I've submitted a ticket to a CSR. That was two hours ago & still waiting for a reply. If I don't get a response soon, I'm contacting my CC company to submit a claim to stop autopay. 

BTW, I'm unable to contact a CSR thu my phone. Clicking on the "contact" directs me to a blank page. Works fine on my laptop.

3 REPLIES 3

BarB113

I opened a ticket and a CSR contacted me the next day. He was great once I got him to understand the problem. The fix was to order a physical SIM card (I used Amazon for next day delivery + cheaper than the Telus store). I supplied him with the card number together with the account details (name, email, current provider's account #, etc). He had my account set up and number ported within an hour or so. So far, the service is working as it should.

What had me so irritated initially was that I'd verified my phone's IMEI ID on Public's website before proceeding with ordering the eSIM. 

-tess

Hi! I’m having the exact same issue. Did you have any luck figuring it out? 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @BarB113 

You have to realize this is the weekend and CSR's are on the other side of the world. Customer Service is no longer in Canada and takes time to get back to you.

Need Help? Let's chat.