cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use service at all

phantonellen12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have ported my number from Telus to Public Mobile yesterday. Port was successful, but my phone will connect to tower and quickly disconnect in few seconds. This repeat itself every few seconds. I am unable to get call through, no text message, no data. 

Meassged to customer support, customer services said something about synchronization issue. And asked me my IMEI number and alternative phone number. 

However, no response since then. I need my phone working and I am worried missing call from work. 

Would anyone here able to help me?

Thank you 

17 REPLIES 17

Glad it all worked out,  @phantonellen12 

phantonellen12

I contacted the customer services agent. The customer service agent submitted the ticket and within few hours, my services is fully restored. Kudos to all the help I get. 

Thank you so much 

@phantonellen12 wrote:

To All: 

Thanks for all moderator and customer service agent. Service seems working perfectly now.

So what action actually lead to restoring your service in full?

Did agent(s) actually do something?

Did You did something?

It is good to know in order to help other customers with similar issue.

phantonellen12

To All: 

Thanks for all moderator and customer service agent. Service seems working perfectly now.

Thank you for all your replies and suggestion. 

Have a good weekend everyone 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Meow wrote:

Porting usually takes few days to complete. It should be faster since you are porting within same family (Telus/PM).

First becomes available SMS then calls.

The only people to help you are PM agents which you already contacted. Being weekend, response might be slightly delayed... but do not give up and send them message again.

@Meow porting from another cell phone provider should not take days...it could take a few hours, yes.

But, there should be services that are working for the OP right after activation. Incoming calls are the lazy services that tend to take a bit longer.

If this was a Telus landline, then yes it could be days...but again, texting, data, outgoing calls should be working with a mixed source of cell and landline until port completes.

@phantonellen12  - you said you activated Feb. 2nd. So was this with a temporary / new number? Was all services working for you after activation?

Issues have just started when you went to port a Telus number over? Was this a Telus cell or landline number you ported in?

@Meow 

Porting should not take a few days (an hour at most) when process is done correctly. 

When a new customer is porting a landline it can take up to a few days...

macsal
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@phantonellen12 wrote:

Thank you for your reply :). 

Yes, I get text from Telus and I did response YES. Services with Telus has been cancelled as result of this port. 

I activated my services on Feb 2nd and initiated this port last night. 

@phantonellen12  - well if CSA mentioned something about synchronization, then message them back about it today to see if they have corrected this.

By any chance, did you stop a payment from Koodo when you activated? Activation charge can say Koodo, but it is okay (not fraud), since Telus owned both Koodo and PM. If you happened to have cancelled this charge at some point this could have messed up your account. 

EDIT: sorry, you just said you started the port last night, I missed that...I just say Feb. 2nd and was thinking that was too long.

Yeah, poke CSA I'd say.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

OK @phantonellen12 

When you initially wrote that, "...Meassged to customer support, customer services said something about synchronization issue. And asked me my IMEI number and alternative phone number. "

Did you provide them with the IMEI number and alternative phone number?

To get it, your IMEI number:

1. Dial *#06# from your device.
  2. You'll see your IMEI number displayed on your screen.

Your alternative phone number will be shown on your self-serve account to the right under your profile information. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Porting usually takes few days to complete. It should be faster since you are porting within same family (Telus/PM).

First becomes available SMS then calls.

The only people to help you are PM agents which you already contacted. Being weekend, response might be slightly delayed... but do not give up and send them message again.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@phantonellen12 

Send a follow up message to the CSA that you sent the additional info to and ask for an update. You should have a response within the hour. Depending on the nature of the technical difficulty they are having with synchronizing your phone with the SIM card which appears to be different than a provisioning issue so swapping out the SIM card with a new one could net the same result as its a back end issue apparently rather than a sim card issue. Another customer related a similar problem that was fixed after they gave the CSA their phone's IMEI #.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

phantonellen12

Thank you for your reply :). 

Yes, I get text from Telus and I did response YES. Services with Telus has been cancelled as result of this port. 

I activated my services on Feb 2nd and initiated this port last night. 

That's fair @phantonellen12 

Out of curiosity, when using the TELUS SIM card in the device, do you still have any active service with that card?   

Just wanting to be certain that you responded "YES" to the port authorization request that you should have received from TELUS when porting your number over to Public Mobile.

macsal
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@phantonellen12 wrote:

I have tried in my iPhone XS, Pixel 2XL, Pixel 3... None of them functioning. 

I have tried to repeatedly restart my devices as well. 

I have back up SIM card, should I do SIM change under online portal? 

@phantonellen12  - Once you swap out a SIM card, that SIM card cannot be used again and renders it useless.

So, I would not perform a SIM swap of another SIM card yet until you hear back from Customer Support (CSA).

When did complete the activation? I know you said port was successful...but do you recall receiving a text from the Telus SIM card to approve the port?

phantonellen12

Problem is the phone won't have stable connection at all. It is just cycling between service and no service every few seconds. 

I have not tried other location yet, because the port happened last night and I haven't get chance to step out my house yet. 

OK.   

Try manually switching to '3G connection only' under Network Connections.   Does this enable a more stable connection to the network?

If not, does this appear to happen only in a certain location, or anywhere within the region you are in?  I'm just trying to ascertain whether it's a network coverage issue in asking this.

phantonellen12

I have tried in my iPhone XS, Pixel 2XL, Pixel 3... None of them functioning. 

I have tried to repeatedly restart my devices as well. 

I have back up SIM card, should I do SIM change under online portal? 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@phantonellen12 

If you can, try the Public Mobile SIM card in a DIFFERENT device.

This will allow you to troubleshoot whether the problem is with the SIM card (i.e. PM account provisioning) or with the DEVICE.

You can also try:

1. resetting network connections
  2. toggling airplane mode on/off

If the problem persists in a different device, inform the Customer Support Agents.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.