cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activate new sim

lyonsden02
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

received my new sim & tried to active with the email link, gives me error 821, I tried twice more getting same error, but my Visa had no issues getting billed 3 times.  Customer service is crap.  I cannot become a member until I have a phone # which needs transferred from Telus to Public, please help by getting a moderator to help.  thanks

5 REPLIES 5

@steveburton132   you got error 821 as well?   Did you request porting when you going through the activation?  It is usually missing information during Porting request (sometimes because you entered IMEI instead of Account number)

DO NOT try to re-attempt activation again.  First check your credit card, likely PM already charged you the money

Put the PM SIM in a phone and see if it connects.  Usually it will as PM should have already activated your SIM at this stage. 

If you can connect, you should be able to make outgoing calls.  But incoming should be a problem as the porting likely still missing information.

If you have been charged, but SIM is not connecting, open a ticket with PM support by direct messaging them, tell them the SIM issue and ask them about the porting as well.  

To open the ticket, message them here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

If you have been charged, SIM connects and can make outgoing call, then call the porting support team in the morning and ask them if you missed any information to complete the porting.  I will message you the number via Community inbox on the top right, envelope icon.  

steveburton132

I am currently experiencing this. Did you get any help or did you get a refund?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@lyonsden02 

You need to contact a CS_Agent by private messaging by clicking on the envelope icon on top of this page.

lyonsden02

you need an account to get any help, that is what I am trying to do.

Need Help? Let's chat.