cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone plan was cancelled today - Frustrating

RTO
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I had to put a freeze on my credit card for a few days due to a scam notice. I was planning to re-instate my card today or tmrw since it's only the 24th today. I do not understand why my account was cancelled instantly? Each month I receive a notice a few days before payment is due but this month I received no notice. First question is why no notice? 2nd question is why cancel someone's account 4 days before end of month? I have re-activated my card and made the payment, but quite honestly this not a good way of doing business with steady, long-time problem-free customers like me. Very frustrating.

Thank you,

9 REPLIES 9

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

There's no grace period, it's prepaid. Where would they draw the line?

Also you get 90 days to reactivate without losing your plan or number, so damage should be minimal.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@RTO wrote:

To everyone who replied to my earlier post - thank you. My account has been reactivated.

I'll finish off by saying that I have never missed receiving an advanced notice - not since I initiated my plan more than four yrs ago. Also, I now understand that last day of month is not necessarily the cycle period. However it would make for good customer service to allow a 24hr grace period notifying you that payment is not received and account will be terminated thereafter. I will be much more watchful in the future.

Thanks for your comments. 

Sometimes the auto-pay system fails to charge the registered credit card even when the card is valid. For this reason, I recommend manually adding the funds required to your account balance to cover your next cycle prior to the renewal date. This guarantees there will be no service interruption. If the manual credit card payment fails, you can buy a payment voucher from a gas station or other retail outlet and add it to your account using the PIN on the receipt via the self-serve website or by dialling 611. I prefer this method actually, because my credit card gives me 4% cashback for purchases at grocery stores and gas stations... The bank doesn't know that I only bought a Public Mobile payment voucher! 😉

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@RTO  Good we happy you got it all sorted out 

HI @RTO 

happy that you are back

Yes, PM is prepaid and hence it is a bit strict with that.  Many people has mentioned about the grace period, but I doubt they will do that.  And honest, all prepaid service a like this

RTO
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

To everyone who replied to my earlier post - thank you. My account has been reactivated.

I'll finish off by saying that I have never missed receiving an advanced notice - not since I initiated my plan more than four yrs ago. Also, I now understand that last day of month is not necessarily the cycle period. However it would make for good customer service to allow a 24hr grace period notifying you that payment is not received and account will be terminated thereafter. I will be much more watchful in the future.

Thanks for your comments. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @RTO   PM is prepaid provider and they need you to pay before you use for the next 30 days, no exception if missed payment.  

Also, PM plans are 30 days not monthly, so, the payment date will change. it is not always the same day and definitely not 1st of each month. You likely not aware of that

Just login to My account and reactivate the plan by making a manual payment

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RTO The text notifications seems sporadic.  Some months I get one others I don't.  If your payment was due when your card was frozen, the payment will be rejected.  You have 90 days to reactivate your account.  The renewal is every 30 days not at the end of the month.  So if you activated your account around the 25, it will renew every 30 days.  

@RTO wrote:

Hi, I had to put a freeze on my credit card for a few days due to a scam notice. I was planning to re-instate my card today or tmrw since it's only the 24th today. I do not understand why my account was cancelled instantly? Each month I receive a notice a few days before payment is due but this month I received no notice. First question is why no notice? 2nd question is why cancel someone's account 4 days before end of month? I have re-activated my card and made the payment, but quite honestly this not a good way of doing business with steady, long-time problem-free customers like me. Very frustrating.

Thank you,

Plan's aren't on monthly billing cycles, but rather are 30 days long.  Unfortunately, when a payment is missed, the service stops working.  As for the reminders, serveral customers have expressed concerns that they don't like them, but I don't have an answer as to why the reminders haven't been sent lately.  To get your service working agian, a payment will need to be made.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@RTO  

Auto pay can fail

To make payment and reactivate plan .. if you know PIN number you can *611 with a voucher and *611  no PIN needed . You can also do this by by calling 18554PUBLIC . otherwise log into self serve make manual payment and reactivate service and or update credit card if necessary

My account

Legend  and features

Change plan / update cc /auto pay

Handy1_0-1677260481949.png

Account #/ change # port /swap SIM

If you  still have service and your plan renews today / tomorrow you can ignore this suspended notice

Need Help? Let's chat.