cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone call issue in US

mlin0121
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am visiting CA and subscribed the new public mobile us/Canada plan, I changed the network setting to connect to T-Mobile (if use auto connect, sometimes phone with register to att and phone call will not work) , but even registered T-mobile, when I call y hotel line , sometimes the call with go through buy sometimes the call went to a random person , I pretty sure I call the same number with +1, does anyone experience this ?

14 REPLIES 14

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Oh wait, is CA = California? If so, you grabbed the incorrect plan. That plan you're thinking of is "Calling The US" FROM Canada and not calling in the US. You need to purchase a roaming package. Log into your account, go to Subscriptions and add ons and scroll down on the right where it says shop add ons.  If you just want US Roaming Talk and Text it's $15 for 15 Days. But if you want 3GB of data as well it's $30 total.

The customer has stated that the a Can-US plan is active.  No roaming ad-on is required.

@mlin0121 wrote:

I pretty sure I have the 50 dollar new us Canada plan, the mobile network default setting on my phone was auto connect , so the phone with register to a network which has stronger signal, I was able to call my hotel yesterday morning and then could not , i saw phone connected to att, so I changed the setting to always connect to t mobile as I thought public mobile might not have contract with att , but even with t mobile, sometimes calling the same phone number will go to the wrong person, I might try not using +1

I wonder that when your phone connected to AT&T, did you ever try to call, text or using data? Was there "SOS" showed up on your phone when connected to AT&T?

@Chalupa_Batman- Do you see the little symbol at the beginning of that line? That symbol is referenced in the Quebec only plan.

See, here's the confusing part. When I go to check out the plan on PM website, I click on plan information. I see this.

⁺⁺Whether in Canada or the US, this plan includes unlimited calling, text, picture and video and messaging to phone numbers within and between Canada and the US. Data can be used in both Canada and the US.

Then at the very bottom it says...

⁺This plan is for Quebec residents only and intended for use in Quebec.

Public Mobile really needs to be much more clear about plan details.

I was saying not to bother with the +.

How about that volte? Life would be good if your phone has been enabled for it.

How about that 2G GSM? You might need to manually switch down.

How about that texting and data when you connect to AT&T? If it works then we've learned something new.

@mlin0121 @The new CAN /US plan should allow you to do so . Manually connect to T mobile Reboot the phone and ensure data roaming is on 

hi @mlin0121 

you are definitely connected  if you call the wrong person 😉

Reboot the phone and try calling 

mlin0121

Yes CA is California, 🙂 no public mobile here, only see att, t mobile and Verizon, I thought the new us Canada plan can let me phone call, text, data in either Canada or us 

@mlin0121 the 1 should not make a difference to calling a completely different number

Try download and use the VoIP app whenever there is any issue 

mlin0121

Right the call got connected but went to the wrong person

mlin0121

I pretty sure I have the 50 dollar new us Canada plan, the mobile network default setting on my phone was auto connect , so the phone with register to a network which has stronger signal, I was able to call my hotel yesterday morning and then could not , i saw phone connected to att, so I changed the setting to always connect to t mobile as I thought public mobile might not have contract with att , but even with t mobile, sometimes calling the same phone number will go to the wrong person, I might try not using +1

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you actually have the new plan? Or did you schedule it? Do you know if your phone has been enabled for volte yet? Are you able to change the phone networks down to 2G GSM?
There's no need for the + in front of the 1. It shouldn't hurt but there's no need for it.
Are you able to text out?
When you had registered on AT&T did you have data with the phone set on 4G LTE? Are you able to use data on 4G LTE?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mlin0121 but it connects and just to the wrong person? Just one number with the problem?

Quick workaround for now is to get VoIP app TextNow and use it to make that particular call for now

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

You should be connecting to Public Mobile not T mobile. 

Oh wait, is CA = California? If so, you grabbed the incorrect plan. That plan you're thinking of is "Calling The US" FROM Canada and not calling in the US. You need to purchase a roaming package. Log into your account, go to Subscriptions and add ons and scroll down on the right where it says shop add ons.  If you just want US Roaming Talk and Text it's $15 for 15 Days. But if you want 3GB of data as well it's $30 total.

Need Help? Let's chat.