cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service after transfer

Arrbilly
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I transferred from Telus Mobility yesterday.  My service from Telus has been cancelled, but, I have no service from Public.  I went back to the store where I did the transfer and they were very helpful, but no results.  They tried calling Public and were left on hold for well over an hour before giving up.  They had me do a Sim card change which was successful, but, no joy.  I'm now stuck with no cell service and beginning to regret changing my server.  Can anyone help?

regards

R

13 REPLIES 13

Welcome to PM! 

@Arrbilly Great to hear.  And Welcome to PM  🙂

Arrbilly

WooHoo, back in business!!  Not sure what they did,but, whatever it was, it worked!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and replies.  Much appreciated.

regards

R

@Arrbilly   Let us know how it goes.  If waited a full hour and no reply, don't hesitate to open another ticket.

But , remember to check your Community inbox on the top right of the page, the envelope icon.  that is where they will work with you on a solution

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Arrbilly 

Recieve or understand?

SIM provisioning is like the info contained in the magnetic strip or the chip in your credit card. If there is no information put there it won't work. When the store activated your account an error occurred that didn't set up your account info onto your sim card. As a result your sim card couldn't communicate with the network to tell it  "Hi I have this plan with calling minutes and texts and this much data in my plan and this is my phone number." Your sim card being the conduit between your account, your phone and the network.

Anyways it won't take long for customer support to fix it and get your service up and running.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Arrbilly

Hi

I didn't get any of the above messages.  I sent a message to the CS agent that is essentially the same as my original post.  I'll wait a while to see if any solution.  I need my cell phone, AAGGHH!

@Pubpass wrote:

This is always a problem with these virtual companies.  They cant solve anything fast

@Pubpass   But you are in the right place, you know to check the Community.   Just shot a question here when you are in trouble.    🙂

@Arrbilly   can you make outgoing calls?  do you see any message like "SIM not provisioned" or "No Network" or "No SIM", ? 

It sounds like a SIM provisioning issue , please open a ticket with PM Support .  This is an easy fix for them and they can fix it quickly after receiving the ticket:

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Arrbilly 

The reason your sim swap did not fix the issue is your sim card did not provision correctly upon activation. Thus you switched a good sim card for another sim card but because the first one did not provision your new sim card isn't provisioned either. This has to be done at the account level by customer support.

Put "sim card not provisioned upon activation" in the subject line and send a detailed message to customer support. Keep an eye on the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times but expect a reply within an hour.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Arrbilly

Hi

I did reply yes to the telus text and rebooted my phone with no result.  Telus cut my service within a minute of my text.  This was at 10pm last night.

Pubpass
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is always a problem with these virtual companies.  They cant solve anything fast

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Arrbilly 

you receive and respond to the SMS asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number,

your reply should be: YES

and Rebooting device..test it.

Need Help? Let's chat.