cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take from Roger to public ?

MamaR2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched  from Roger to public mobile today. It haven been almost 7hrs after switch.  How long does it take for complete transfer? I am able to receive and call out , use data but I can’t send out text message and my iMessage can’t send out with my number only with my Apple ID and I choose eSIM instead of SIM card . I am wondering why? Anyone able to help to solve  

22 REPLIES 22

MamaR2

Unfortunately not. I submitted the ticket and they are trying to figure it out thank you for asking 

Nomad_Outdoor

Haven’t heard anything back from you whether or not you managed to get that working after words or not just kind of curious what are you got it working yet?

Nomad_Outdoor

That part I don’t understand either why it does that, but it did the same thing to me. I could make calls receive calls, but I couldn’t use iMessages and it did the same thing when I went into the settings. It did not show the phone number you could try resetting your network settings by going to settings on your iPhone General scroll all the way to the bottom where it says transfer or reset, and then hit reset, and then select network settings only it’s always worth a shot that might solve your issue. Just remember that resets all your Wi-Fi network connections as well so you’ll have to re-enter your password for your Wi-Fi. It does Not erase everything on your phone.

MamaR2

Just out of curiosity, but why I can receive the call from ported number and my voicemail is set up with PM successfully. I will contact rogers as well 

Nomad_Outdoor

That tells me that your number has not been properly transferred over or Rogers hasn’t transferred it over so I would contact Rogers. Ask them if they have released a number yet if they have released the number, then there is got to be a glitch somewhere in your phone. I would reinsert the Rogers Sim card reboot your phone, a couple of times and see if that will work. I know that’s what I had to do. I had to reboot my phone a couple of times and finally that worked.

MamaR2

No, it only show my Apple ID and I am even able to add a new number 

@MamaR2   If you go to Settings - Messages - Send and Receive do you see your phone number check marked there?

MamaR2

I am able to log in to my Roger account because there is one more month to my last bill but it said my account was cancelled already. I also went to Apple Store and they said it might be my phone not fully recognize the eSIM and if that is the case then why I can use the data and make calls and receive call etc and they can’t really answer. For  my initial set up everything was good and they suggest me to get physical sim instead. 

@MamaR2  I currently have public mobile eSIM 

Are you still able to log in to your Rogers account?  Is the Rogers sim/esim still in the phone?

MamaR2

I currently have public mobile eSIM 

@MamaR2   I am not sure I might need to get the SIM card from public mobile instead

What sim card do you have currently, is it a Public Mobile sim card?  Or do you mean you want to switch from a Public Mobile esim to a physical Public Mobile sim card?

MamaR2

Yes, I received the text from Rogers and I confirm the transfer and I believe the number port was completed not for reason I experienced the other issue because if my number not completed the transfer how I can receive and make outgoing call 

Nomad_Outdoor

You have to keep your Rogers SIM card inside the phone when you’re transferring the phone number that’s how you are going to get a text message asking if you have request a transfer of your number and if so, then you have to say yes and then you will get a confirmation text from Rogers and if you don’t do that within a 90 minutes, your transfer will not complete

MamaR2

Unfortunately, I tried that and still not work. Do you get the text from public mobile and said it’s been transfer or any confirmation? I am not sure I might need to get the SIM card from public mobile instead . 

Nomad_Outdoor

Also, if you are transferring your phone number from Rogers to Public Mobile, you have to make sure that you leave your Sim card in from Rogers in you have to make sure you reply. Yes to the text message from Rogers that you want to transfer your number and then you have to make sure you leave the card in there long enough for your text message to come back from Rogers saying that they have confirm your transfer of your number you only have 90 minutes from the time you received a text message from Rogers to reply. If you’re transferring your number once all of that was completed on my end, I was still having issues not being able to text as well so then I took the SIM card out from Rogers and rebooted my phone and I was able to activate everything like that within a couple of minutes my iMessage were working.

Nomad_Outdoor

I was having the same issue would worked for me. Was waiting a couple of minutes and then rebooting my phone and taking the Rogers SIM card out and just simply restarting the phone worked for me. I just recently in the last 15 days switched over from Rogers to Public Mobile myself and I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max

MamaR2

Yes, I already did open the ticket. Even the staff at Apple Store said it is very strange because I can receive phone call and use the public mobile data but it won’t show I have signal and can’t send SMS text message. Thank you for your help 

@MamaR2 wrote:

I tried it doesn’t work 

I believe that you're going to need the asssistance of a Public Mobile customer support agent.  Please use the chatbot to open a ticket.  

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html\

If the chatbot doesn't all you to log in while making a ticket because of text messaging not working, send a message to the username CS_Agent.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

MamaR2

I tried it doesn’t work 

@MamaR2 wrote:

Yes I did. I can received and call to people and it did show my number but I can’t send out text message and on my home screen it show no signal and I have no idea why 

To determine if this an issue with iMessage or Public Mobile, please try enabling SMS and disabling the iMessage feature.  Only true SMS messages go throught the Public Mobile text messaging servers.

MamaR2

Yes I did. I can received and call to people and it did show my number but I can’t send out text message and on my home screen it show no signal and I have no idea why 

@MamaR2 wrote:

I switched  from Roger to public mobile today. It haven been almost 7hrs after switch.  How long does it take for complete transfer? I am able to receive and call out , use data but I can’t send out text message and my iMessage can’t send out with my number only with my Apple ID and I choose eSIM instead of SIM card . I am wondering why? Anyone able to help to solve  

Number porting from Rogers Wireless to Pubic Mobile should be completed within a few hours.  Did you reply to a text message from Rogers to approve the phone number transfer?

Need Help? Let's chat.