cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyalty bonus

Kennyvu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public mobile has given customer a kind of loyalty bonus that couldn’t be used because I can’t use up my data, if downgrade the plan they shall take away the bonus without giving any consent to the user, is it a kind of cheating game by piblic mobile?

17 REPLIES 17

Kennyvu

Agreed, PM is the son company of Telus, they are terrible the same, I left Telus early of this year and now going to leave PM after using up all my existing data

coyote24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No problem. Those bonus are the appreciation for those years you stick with us; but right now it is easily for them took away the appreciation; then it was changed everything, they are the ruler and they can do whatever they want. I decide to stay away from them after used over those data gift. Actually,  PM was bought by TELUS.  One measurement of how is the company performance is the stock price. TELUS is down 33% in three year. the revenue was pretty bad in business perspective. It indicates TELUS and PM losing money because the competition is intense.  So it is not surprise of they had made many awful decisions.  

Kennyvu

Thank you for sharing my feelings, I decided not to stay with PM because I feel to be cheated. No point giving something just for show but people can’t use

coyote24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Totally agree. I find out they took away my loyalty bonus 250G after I downgraded from 35 to 19 this month. I know the feeling of what are you feel. Those people who defend PM have the different understanding of what is loyalty bonus means. PM took away the given bonus gift is like theft rob your home and it is pretty much the same. The pain is there, move on find another carrier, like FIZZ. I heard it is not bad at all. My suggestion is if you have extra holiday data, then use them over in the following months and hunt for other carrier. PM is only TREAT new customer better than loyal customer nowadays. I would like choose $23/10G. Unfortunately, I CANNOT BECAUSE I AM NOT NEW CUSTOMER. They don't know how to do business. It is obvious.

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Well as far as reception it depends where you are. Mind you this is my second month with PM and I’m very positive impressed. Im  told that they use the same towers as Bell mobility. Currently I have 2 active accounts one with Bell and my trial PM . I can tell you that I find absolutely no difference between my bell 5g plan and my new pm account.. I have given notice to  bell to cancel my $85  5G 120 GB DATA that I never use anything higher then 5 gb —-overpriced compared to PM. account. I don’t know if it’s possible to port my Bell number to my existing PM account. 

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

but "So many thing to read, we all don’t have much time," is not a valid excuse, everyone should read the fine print and conditions.  You cannot blame others if you decide to give up the reading

Kennyvu

So many thing to read, we all don’t have much time, PM should give notice to user when they are changing plan so people will consider it before making decision 

Kennyvu

Maybe Freedom is not going better but their customer support is very much better than PM, I hate to switch service providers but I don’t feel happy with PM behavior 

HI @Kennyvu 

think twice if you want to go Freedom.  At my work, we did an extension study to Freedom network, overall the network reliability is much worst than any of the tier 3 and satisfaction score is way lower, only high score is the price

So, better to stay and choose the plan you like.  

slusagm

you didn't read the conditional of the loyalty bonus before downgrade

or if you come online and ask first, you won't get into this situation

i saw people ask PM and they might be able to offer you a smaller loyalty bonus in situation like your.  Maybe open a ticket and ask 

Kennyvu

Thank you Dunkman, my plan was $34 and I downgraded to $19 in order I can use the bonus datas, but unfortunately PM had taken away this bonus without letting me know before I downgrade, with 1 GB under $19 plan it is not sufficient for me so I suggested to PM agent to upgrade me to plan $29 but they refuse to do it because my new plan was activated 3 days, I don’t feel happy with this service that I the reason I plan to switch to Freedom moblle who can offer me better plan

@Kennyvu 

Which plan are you on presently?  Public mobile has lowered the prices of many of their price points (except for $15).  There may be cost savings by changing plans if you are interested.  

$19/month for 1 GB LTE

$29/month for 10 GB LTE

$34/month for 50 GB Canada/US 5G

$40/month for 75 GB Canada/US 5G

Some of these plans may be cheaper than some of the grandfathered plans.

For example, it makes sense for any old $25 plan 1GB 3G to switch over to the $19 plan.  Basically paying the same without the legacy rewards (ie. autopay and loyalty).

Also, several customers who have changed from $25 to $19 plans have kept their 150 day loyalty data bonus. YMMV.

Kennyvu

The reception of PM is also terrible comparing to others, also when having issues you can’t get support directly but through submitted tickets and the agents are somehow not professionally handle the case

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The main criteria for buying anything is not the points or price. I joined PM because it’s part of Telus having a good network and basically my coverage is great. I did not get a data bonus but did receive a $10 welcome gift and I think also an additional 5 points.

I don’t think it possible that PM wants to chase away existing customers and think that it must be some sort of misunderstanding. 

EB0

@Kennyvu 

the loyalty data bounce useless for most of the customers as it expires in 150 days.

Kennyvu

Yes, you are correct, PM changed rewards to points that is actually given customer less rewards, no one happy with recent changes by PM, also PM offers a lot of attractive offers only for “NEW CUSTOMERS “, they don’t seem care about the old customers, I am going to leave PM very soon 

@Kennyvu wrote:

Public mobile has given customer a kind of loyalty bonus that couldn’t be used because I can’t use up my data, if downgrade the plan they shall take away the bonus without giving any consent to the user, is it a kind of cheating game by piblic mobile?

I agree that Public Mobile failed to tell every customer on an indivdiual basis that downgrading the plan would cause loss of the bonus data add-on.  While some cusotmers received communication from Public Mobile advising them of this condition, others (including myself) did not.  However, please remember that the data bonus is not something that Public Mobile had to provide customers.  As for the change from rewards over to points, I don't know of a single customer who is happy about that.

Need Help? Let's chat.