cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New $15 subscription with no data

VanIsleBex
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all, I would like to switch my current $15 subscription that includes 250mb of data (that I never use) and only 100mins of talk time to the new plan that’s available that has no data but unlimited talk time canada-wide. When I go to change subscription that new one doesn’t come up as an option. How do I get access to it?

thanks a bunch!

5 REPLIES 5

VanIsleBex
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was able to get my plan changed to the new one. If you think about it, I’m paying the same amount and not using any data. It likely costs less to the company for me to move to the new plan. Thanks everyone for your feedback and help! 🤗

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Contact  Customer Service and nicely ask to be UPGRADED to the new $15 plan. Pretty sure they would do it because it is an upgrade from from the old 3G with limited talk to the new 4G with unlimited talk. Try it you have nothing to lose.

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@VanIsleBex 

The $15 plan is available only to new customers, the cheapest plan for existing customers is $19 unlimited calls and texts + 1GB 4G

Telus has a yearly plan $109 unlimited calls and texts ($8.34/month)

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@VanIsleBex, the newer $15 plan with unlimited calling and texting (and no data) is not available to existing customers but there's nothing from stopping you to contact a CS_agent to see if they could switch it for you. Keep in mind they probably won't but in my opinion it's worth a try. If you are not able to the next cheapest plan you could switch to would be the $19 unlimited calling/texting plus 1 GB of data at 4G speed.

To open a ticket through the Chatbot: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
(and then type: Customer Support Agent)

Or, if you are having trouble with the Chatbot try sending a private message to: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
(note: you will need to be logged into your Community account for this link to work)

@VanIsleBex , the new $15 plan is only available to new activations only.  

Need Help? Let's chat.