cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number transfer

Sherry123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My friend travelled outside of Canada and so he closed his Public Mobile number. He wants to know if he can still hold on to his original phone number when he gets back to Canada and reactive his phone services with Public Mobile.

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Sherry123 

How did he closed his account? More detail is required.

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Sherry123, PM will apparently keep you number for up to 90 days before it is lost to the pool of numbers as long as the number hasn't been ported out. When you say that your friend closed his number I'm not really sure what was done so I would recommend that they contact a PM CS_agent which can be done by clicking on the orange circle in the bottom right corner.

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Sherry123 

Once the account is closed, there is hard  to get the number back, do you know how did he close his account?

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If the account is in the suspended state which lasts 90 days then he would still have the number, but if it's fully deactivated then it's gone.

@Sherry123 wrote:

My friend travelled outside of Canada and so he closed his Public Mobile number. He wants to know if he can still hold on to his original phone number when he gets back to Canada and reactive his phone services with Public Mobile.

Sorry, but once a Public Mobile account has been closed, the number is no longer his to use.

Need Help? Let's chat.