cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating a non smartphone - flip phone Easyfone T300

car1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm not able to download the Install App on this new basic(call and text) flip phone.. I tried on my laptop but it defaults to my husband's Samsung phone (the Public Mobile App). He has not Activated his smartphone yet.

5 REPLIES 5

@mitchnet12 wrote:

Hi @car1, are you switching from a different provider or starting with a new number? If you are switching from a different provider, you can use a smart phone temporarily by putting your existing SIM card in the phone. A sort of serial number, IMEI, is needed to validate the transfer. You can get that number on a smart phone by "calling" *#06#. It won't cause any issues to go that route (I have activated two accounts on the same phone the same hour). You need to be sure to wait for a text message from your old provider, which you typically reply YES, and your account should be activated shortly (safe to put your new SIM card in your flip phone). You are likely aware that each Public Mobile account needs its own e-mail address.

In most cases, IMEI should not be used for hte purposes of number porting. Whever possible, account number should be used instead.  There are exceptions to that, and the most obvious example is of Speakout Wireless for which there is no account number that can be used.

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @car1, are you switching from a different provider or starting with a new number? If you are switching from a different provider, you can use a smart phone temporarily by putting your existing SIM card in the phone. A sort of serial number, IMEI, is needed to validate the transfer. You can get that number on a smart phone by "calling" *#06#. It won't cause any issues to go that route (I have activated two accounts on the same phone the same hour). You need to be sure to wait for a text message from your old provider, which you typically reply YES, and your account should be activated shortly (safe to put your new SIM card in your flip phone). You are likely aware that each Public Mobile account needs its own e-mail address.

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@car1, if you have a tablet or access to a friend or family member's smartphone they can install the PM app on your behalf and then you can have it setup/activated. Once you are up and running they could then uninstall the PM app. The other option is as @Meow has mentioned which is to contact a CS_agent to see if they can do it for you

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You need to activate the SIM in a smartphone with the app and then insert it in the flip phone afterwards.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You have to use PM app in order to complete activation.
Unfortunately if you cannot use an app maybe agent can assist you (open a ticket).

Need Help? Let's chat.