cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No red dot notification on voicemail icon

publicsteve
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My Iphone 13 shows a red dot on the phone icon when I miss a call, and a red dot on the "recents" icon within the "phone" choice, but does NOT show a red dot on the "voicemail" icon. The only way I know if I got a voicemail is to go in and check. I have rest network settings and checked that notifications are on and persistent in the phone settings. Help, this is not a problem I can live with. My wife's Iphone 8 is doing the same thing. Is this a public mobile problem? Is everyone with an Iphone experiencing the same thing?

21 REPLIES 21

publicsteve

@LoveNatureThanks, this makes the most sense... I'm pretty sure we used to get a red dot on the call voicemail pick, but at some point PM must have just stopped supporting it. Perhaps something to do with the 3G / 4G/ 5G changes.

@publicsteve You are right no 1 on the voicemail even if I have a voicemail message.🤷‍♀️

465F8889-5650-4189-B2DC-D0975F126DBB.jpeg

publicsteve

Just looking at the picture that Lieux sent, It appears he has the dot for a recent call, but it is the dot beside the voicemail pick within the phone app that I am missing... so I have voicemails but don't know it unless I check to see. Missing an important voicemail can be quite a problem, sometimes.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @publicsteve 

the visual voicemail not support by PM, but if you press call voicemail is working.

publicsteve

I checked the badges setting, it was already enabled.

publicsteve

Did the update to 16.3, no change, didn't resolve the issue

@softech  Same after rebooting.🤪

@Lieux   thanks for the update.

You said " it’s better…not perfect" , if it ever got stuck again, try a reboot and see if it will resolve it briefly.   

Again, thanks for testing for everone

@statusquo  @Deann   I guess it is best to open ticket with support to ask them to reset the VM as what @Lieux  did 

@softech it’s not related with IOS 16 because I tried my Sim in my old IPhone 6 and nothing changed. So first CS agent asked to contact Apple but after my request to reset my voicemail on their hand it’s better…not perfect I have now a little red dot to let me know that there’s something…and it’s the same on the 2 IPhones: reset on the back and little dot appears.

.428D03B2-8D69-4C47-B6C7-A3F49A788C73.jpeg

@Lieux cool, let us know what PM says..

@softech  I don’t know 🤷‍♀️ I have sent a message.

@Lieux so, is this iOS related or more PM issue??

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That is funny and yes it's strange we've all almost lost the plot about what is important with these smart phones, but I understand it would be annoying not knowing when a message is waiting and to keep checking voicemail if waiting to hear back from someone.

@softech Didn’t change anything. The support reset one voicemail on their side because when we tried to phone there was no voicemail at all and a message said that there was no service for this number.🤣 Now we have access at the voicemail but still no notifications on the phone to let me know that’s there is a message.🤷‍♀️

Same problem here with 2 IPhones. 

@hycm53 No luck…didn’t change anything.

@Deann @publicsteve  some people reboot the phone and it will work well for awhile 

ot try click Reset all network once

and make sure Carrier Profile is updated 

Deann

Same issue on iphone11 with updated ios 

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@publicsteve 

Go to settings > Notifications > Phone > enable "Badges". After settings, a red dot should on the "voicemail" icon.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@publicsteve 

this is not a problem (you) can live with

😳 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@publicsteve   there has been some post about this lately.  

did you just upgrade iOS on both phone?  Some believe it has to do with the latest iOS.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@publicsteve  This is iOS issue are you updated to newest iOS 16.3

Need Help? Let's chat.