cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail notifications are no longer working on my phone.

Christied
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I get voicemail but I’m not notified. 
there is no badge that pops up

58 REPLIES 58

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Indeed Professor 🫐+🍑=?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It's nice to see people of all ages joining in and being of help. The children and the grown-ups. Everybody's welcome.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@softech 

i don't think so is issue by iOS, why is working with other SIM card to test for Telus/Rogers/Bell/Freedom,, is working fine.

i know the badge notification i am talking about it,is not coming when getting PM voicemail.

@darlicious I was so hesitate to ask OP to open ticket with PM,  as other member might protest and argue why we don't troubleshoot further, according to his high standards, why print the signature again (truth is that is NOT a signature)

ok, instead of ticket open, maybe I will suggest something good to the economy.. Time for a new phone!!

🤣😂😅

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Seems like it's part device, part pm and part software.....don't you have a Clue®️?

@LoveNature there are many more things we don't know why PM didn't fix it.. 😂

Earlier, I believe it is an iOS issue, butl as more reports come, seem like people not everyone got the latest iOS has the badge problem, and not everyone has the badge problem got it right after upgraded to iOS 

Also, as far as I know, it is an badge issue , why you keep linking it to Visual Voicemail??  Yes, the tech was correct saying PM not support Visual Voicemail, but isn't that we are talking an it badge and notification problem? 

LoveNature

Hi @softech 

thanks for reply,

so the issue with PM and why Apply and PM, not fix it yet, so i think to open new ticket with PM, but also PM IT tech is saying the visual voicemail not support by PM, i don't know how to fix it.

@LoveNature   

it does seem to have nothing to do with iOS, some people on Android have the same badge/notification problem. 

@Lieux tested the sim card on an older  iPhone can reproduce the same badge problem.  PM helped him to reset VM and it works for a bit.  So, it does look like it is a PM issue, not iOS

LoveNature

@darlicious 

i did test old iphone XR, has Software iOS 16,is coming notification badge for PM voicemail, 

but why not working at iPhone 14 pro max, is same iOS version, i think the new iphone has something else New Technology PM didn't conform with new device. but just for voicemail notification, everything else is work perfect.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LoveNature 

Oh I get it now....it is the 🦖 with the 🥢in a 🥒!!🤪

Because pm does not support visual voicemail the iPhone 14 pro max w/iOS 16 cannot recieve voicemail notification badges.💡

LoveNature

Hi @darlicious 

they issue is not fix it,test with PM plan has 4G speed or 3G speed same issue, but when i insert other SIM card to test for Telus/Rogers/Bell/Freedom,, is working fine.
also i test old iphone XR, has Software iOS 12, update to iOS 16,is coming notification badge for PM voicemail,
for iPhone 14 pro max iOS 16 the notification badge for PM voicemail is not coming, the visual voicemail not support by PM,

The New Technology is crazy.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Geez even I'm confused? Ah well with Apple products I'm nearly always confused? But what is the takeaway here? Putting visual voicemail aside since it's not supported by pm it doesn't matter if the device...iPhone or Android supports it you ain't getting with pm.

So the issue being...newer iPhone models starting with at least the iPhone SE may lose their voicemail notification badge after updating to iOS 16.2? If so it's possible to have customer support reset the customers voicemail from the backend to have the notification badge for voicemail start appearing again on affected iPhones when the pm customer recieves a voicemail message.

Have I missed anything?

@LoveNature 

Are you saying when it comes to the notification badge for pm voicemail (only....not visual voicemail) the iPhone 14 pro max (w/iOS 16) also has a vm notification badge missing issue? But so far even replacing the Sim card and resetting the voicemail from pm's back end did not fix this issue?

If so it's a bit of a chicken 🐥 before an egg🥚issue? Or a chick in 🐣 egg? Or is my brain fried egg 🍳 drumstick🍗 roll.....padump bump!! 🥚+🥖=🙄? So the right answer is either 🥢or 🥁 or 🍴? 🤭😀😄😁

Edit:

Oh wait now I get it....it's a 🦖 egg=🥑!!     What a pickle?🥒....🤪😄😅😂!!!

LoveNature

Hi @Lieux 

thank you for reply,

i did read all your messages.but need to confirm about the device, and your iphone is not new the iphone 12 is old two year ago,Software iOS 14, update to iOS 16, so no issue with the visual voicemail, or is isuee i am not suew for it,but the new iphone  i mean is iphone 14 pro max Software iOS 16, is PM not support the visual voicemail.

@LoveNature You didn’t read all the messages. I wrote that I have already tried in an IPhone 6S and nothing changed. And I have a new IPhone 12.

LoveNature

Hi @hTideGnow 

I don't know if you get it or not,  the VM will working but not getting notification,for new iphone.

Edit: FYI, the IT Technician,and they email to Apple engineer, and PM they did exchange SIM card to new one and they did reset voicemail from them end, and is not working and i did also go to Apple store they bring other brand new iphone device is also is not coming the notification.. how is possible @Lieux  contact to CSA, and the did reset VM and then working ? unless have old iphone not new one ? please can confirm. thanks.

Hi @LoveNature again, OP was talking about badge, not Visual Voicemail.  OP clearly said badge

And here are the definitions:

Visual Voicemail (available from select carriers) shows a list of your messages. You can choose which ones to play and delete without listening to all of them.

A badge on the Voicemail icon indicates the number of unheard messages.

Hi @LoveNature but it is a badge problem not Visual VM. The badge is working on many of us.  In OP case, it worked and stopped now.  PM never has Visual VM,  so, it won't be it worked before and no longer working!!!

LoveNature

Hi @hTideGnow 

i did open ticket with CSA, and they Escalate to IT Technician,and they email to Apple engineer, and they found is PM not support the visual voicemail.

Hi @LoveNature maybe you should take Lieux advise to open ticket with PM CS agent and ask them to reset your VM 🙂

LoveNature

Hi @hTideGnow 

i am not talking about old iphone is will be working fine, is for new iphone not new iOS version, you think untrue or true, is your choose, i have this issue from 3 month ago from Apple/PM, when i insert other SIM card to test for Telus/Rogers/Bell/Freedom,, is working fine.

Hi @LoveNature untrue!!

before I replied you , I was reading @Lieux post confirming it has NOTHING to do with iOS16 :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/No-red-dot-notification-on-voicemail-icon...

I remember you are iPhone user from your other login, try upgrade your iOS and test 🙂

LoveNature

Hi @hTideGnow 

not a notification badge problem, it's new iphone, not new iOS version, not supporting by PM the visual voicemail,

the advisor by Apple and them Escalate to PM IT Technician, and Apple/PM and they found out, the visual voicemail not support.

hi @LoveNature not a visual VM issue.  This is a  notification badge problem

LoveNature

Hi @Christied 

you will got a voicemail working, but no notification, because the visual voicemail, is not support by PM.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi all, I think it is not just iPhone, I saw posts about Android too.  Maybe we need to ask those with problem to ask CS to reset the Voicemail first

@dabr Yes someone tried but with no success either.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Lieux   @Christied   Sorry to hear none of the suggestions have resolved this for you and others as there does seem to be quite a few threads about this lately.  Has anyone tried asking Apple support about this?

@Christied  I moved back the solution because you are right. There is no solution for now. I’ll let you know if I have one from PM.

@dabr  No luck with the Sim either.

@Christied wrote:

I have tried to open a ticket and it is not working. 

@Christied  open ticket not working?  just message them then, it will work for sure with message here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Work with support and see what they suggests, you can ask if they can reimburse you for the new sim card if you are going ahead to try that

Need Help? Let's chat.