cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail notification?

Melanie2024
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an iPhone. If there is a voicemail should there be any notification indicating there is a voicemail?  Do you have to connect to the voicemail system all the time to find out if there is any new voicemail?

7 REPLIES 7

Melanie2024

Yes I have the voicemail password set up.  The voicemail works except my phone gives no indication there is a voicemail.  I believe the issue relates to me having visual voicemail on my previous carrier. I do not think it's something I can change myself on the phone.  I have a ticket now open for their technical team to advise.

@Melanie2024   Apple's Live Voicemail is enabled by default if you have updated to ios17.  You can turn it off in Settings - Phone - Live Voicemail if you don't want it.  It intercepts voicemails and stops them going to PM voicemail.  I like it because I can see the message being transcribed and choose to answer if it's someone I actually want to speak to instead of spam.  Having said that, I don't think it's your problem because you would be getting notifications for that.  As was asked before, have you actually set up your PM voicemail with a password etc.?

Melanie2024

Is this something PM has to change or something I do on my iPhone?

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Melanie2024 

iPhone default settings has a voicemail notification and virtual voicemail, that allows you to listen to the voicemail without calling Public mobile voicemail 

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Melanie2024, did you set up your mailbox? Try calling your number from another phone to see if it is allowing you to leave a message. If your mailbox (voicemail) has not been set up I don't think it will leave a notification 

Melanie2024

In my case notification are enabled but the voicemail indicator is not working. I recently joined PM so it seems like it may be a PM issue.  I will create a ticket and have it checked.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Melanie2024 

Yes you will get a notification if this setting for notification is enabled.

Check Settings>Phone>Notification and enable sound, badge and banner or which one you want turned on.

Need Help? Let's chat.