cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New $29 3g plan advertised as Canada-wide showing up as Quebec only minutes after switch

animarie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a Quebec area code number. I was previously on the $30 3-GB plan on 3G with unlimited Canada-wide minutes, and switched to the new $29 3-GB plan on 4G network with unlimited Canada-wide minutes since it's essentially the same plan for $1 less. However, after switching the plan on my app home screen it says it is Quebec only minutes, so I immediately canceled the switch. Is this a glitch? Is this plan Canda-wide or Quebec-only minutes?

35 REPLIES 35

meils
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello!! i was wondering if the 26$ plan (quebec only) included unlimited text messaging and picture ?

HJS_MTL1

This plan is now $26, from today? But clearly states Quebec Only- I'm in Quebec, but switched on renewal to $34 20gig 5G, with UNLIMITED DATA, from $35 20gig 4G, not unlimited.

Screenshot_20231110-224014~2.png

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

This offer has been handled less than admirably by Public Mobile @animarie 

J_PM has responded on 2 separate threads to me that the offer IS INDEED Canada-wide.   

Though this contradicts details in parts of the offering, it supports the landing page offer when originally tapping on the offer details.

Again, details which vary from page to page, and CSA to CSA, is cause for concern, but par for the course it seems.

@foreverkayla8 wrote:

That's what I believed as well.  I seem to get a different answer with every agent!

The scheduled changed opton has always reserved the plan for the customer.  Unfortunately, you've been provided incorrect information by some.

foreverkayla8

That's what I believed as well.  I seem to get a different answer with every agent!

@foreverkayla8 wrote:

Fyi I'm now being told that it must have been a glitch and it is canada-wide minutes but since it's a limited time offer, if it's no longer available on the date of my plan change, I might not get this plan.

The date that the plan change is scheduled to take effect makes no difference. The only factor is when the change was requested.

foreverkayla8

Fyi I'm now being told that it must have been a glitch and it is canada-wide minutes but since it's a limited time offer, if it's no longer available on the date of my plan change, I might not get this plan.

@

foreverkayla8

I have been speaking to an agent today.  They are telling me the plan is only available to new activations and only for Quebec residents.  They tell me it says so in the Offer Details.  I agree it does say that, but there is a + symbol before that sentence.  There is no such symbol in the plan information and therefore it would not apply to that particular plan.  The Offer Details have ALL the details on ALL the plans, but they are not all applicable, hence the symbols.  I'm not sure why I'm having to explain that to their agents!!  Still waiting on an answer that makes sense.

HI @KYath 

yes, they removed that couple days ago, so it is now open for everyone  🙂

KYath

I want to add that they updated the $34 plan so it doesn't say "For new activations only".Public Mobile 34 Dollars Canada Wide Minutes 3.JPG

animarie

They replied to my message that it is Canada-wide unlimited minutes, so an obvious upgrade to the previous plan with it now being 4G for $1 less.

[ ...... Luddite]

KYath

I'm on a 90-day switching to the 30-day plan which works out to be the same. I prefer to space out the payment rather than paying a large amount for 2 lines at the same time.

@animarie 

the answer is "yes". there's no need worry... if the plan is offered to every customer then it's Canada wide. just keep an eye on your services after the plan change. if there's an issue then talk to customer support.

animarie

My number is a quebec number, I just want to make sure I can make Canada-wide calls with this plan

animarie

Have you been able to make Canada-wide calls since you renewed?

animarie

This is not a 90-day plan, it's a 30-day plan

@clayt1 

these typos/errors have been here since I've been with PM. if they offer the plan in your self serve account, it typically means everything should work as it should.

@KYath 

the only reason I'm not willing to switch to these 90 day plans is because its an opportunity for them to regain rewards that we've earned throughout the years

clayt1

When is your plan renewing? And if it has is everything good to go canada wide?

KYath

The price is not far-fetched as it's the same thing that I currently have but broken up by 30 days instead of 90 days.

90day plan 104.JPG

FlutteringBy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ahh, thanks....sounds very interesting, I'll check it out....😀....

KYath

It's available as an option within your account, and the only 4g plan available to select from.

FlutteringBy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It says "For new activations only"....??

KYath

https://subscribe.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/activation/plans/20GB-4Gspeed4

This is the BC link and it shows up. I switched to it this morning and noticed the same issue as everyone else. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

(edited out prior comments as related to ANOTHER thread ...  Question below remains)

So I'll ask again, @CS_Agent  .... does the advertised $34.00 30-day plan which includes 20GB 4G data, unlimited Canada-wide calling, and unlimited international texting TRULY INCLUDE Canada-wide calling?

Many here need this clarified.

Many of us, myself included, have scheduled plan changes and fully expect to get what was advertised on the offer when performing the scheduled plan change.

Perhaps @J_PM  needs to weigh in here?

@gpixel  The agent said "I understand your concern about this matter, but let me clarify that this new $34 promo plan is available for Quebec residents, and that is determined by the area code of your phone number, your area code 905 corresponds to Toronto ON, and the calls feature is Canada-wide by the way.If the system allows you to do the change, there's no problem then.
Your plan was changed on Oct. 29, so you must already had the opportunity to verify that the calls (and data) are Canada-wide, and the text messages are international."

It's rather ambiguously worded but could also be interpreted as meaning the minutes are Canada-wide and the plan is also available Canada-wide including in Quebec.

@Chalupa_Batman 

that CS is incorrect and I would advise not taking anymore advice from them

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@animarie 

it's a typo... I'm currently in BC and I've scheduled a plan change

1000003026.png

Well when you go to SHOP up top and pick Quebec...  this is what is found.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1699116956064.png

So if OP is not in Quebec, perhaps they picked the wrong province for plan offers? Until we hear back from her.

Need Help? Let's chat.