cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid prepaid card not working after paid for it!

Jardina
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had paid in full for a prepaid card, and no one is helping to fix the problem, has anyone been through this and was the solution fixed?

16 REPLIES 16

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy 

Well I don't think anyone tagged my thread but if you type "Voucher Cata" in the search bar it pops up before you can type the letter "L".....thats how I find it....lol!😅

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jardina 

Ok well that's good....I don't have a Circle K voucher in the catalogue to know what it looks like. You only get two attempts at payment whether thru self serve or 611 until you have to wait one full hour before trying again. But at this point contact customer support so they can check the validity of the voucher. When you bought it you saw the clerk print it out? Did you get the reciept for it as well?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin 

@Jardina wrote:

That does not answer my question because the fact still remains that it is invalid! Arent you guy customer service? I paid to top up my phone and I get invalid credit and my phone is suspended!

You're speaking to other customers here.  

Jardina

That does not answer my question because the fact still remains that it is invalid! Arent you guy customer service? I paid to top up my phone and I get invalid credit and my phone is suspended!

@Jardina wrote:

Isn't prepaid and vouchers the same where you buy them at the store? And it is not monthly like a contract.

Please never post pictures such as that. Your are not speaking with Public Mobile employees here.

Jardina

Isn't prepaid and vouchers the same where you buy them at the store? And it is not monthly like a contract.

Jardina

Well, when i tried to add credit to the account on *611 and online it said invalid!

Jardina

Hi, There is no voucher number, it was only Pin #. I have been trying on several occasions trying to add it on the cell phone and even on my computer-the public mobile website.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

A member @darlicious 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Voucher-Catalogue/td-p/479165

Thank you @Jb456 for providing photo of Shopper's voucher and for providing a link to @darlicious amazing voucher tutorial!!! Thank you both.

- How can I make this link to vouchers permanent so I can refer to it when needed?

- If somebody is using voucher to add funds to an account, will customer still receive $2 reward for autopay?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

PM has no prepaid cards. They have only add-ons. You can pay your bill manually adding funds after logging in into self-serve account or buying voucher.

To contact agent: Send a private message to the CSA by clicking https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Jardina  As for the voucher itself does it have two section with a series of 12 numbers?..Some may say PIN# some might say voucher#. If so have you tried both? 

A member @darlicious  made a thread with vouchers so people can see different ones and what to enter. Link is below so you can see how different vouchers/topups look.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Voucher-Catalogue/td-p/479165

Below is an example of one.

image.jpeg

You'll notice on that one it has two sections with 12 digits.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jardina 

If it has been at least one hour since you tried to enter the 12 digit pin code via 611 or self serve try again using 611. Make sure you are using the PIN # not any other similar 12 digit code on the voucher that could say voucher # or redemption #. You always use the PIN #. If you have waited out a full hour and you still get an invalid payment message from 611 then I recommend you contact customer support. 

There have been several reports in the last few days of customers having issues loading voucher top up payments from retailers that normally sell vouchers that are immediately valid upon purchase. Pm vouchers from Circle K are in this class of vouchers. I suspect that there may be an issue with pm's payment system accepting vouchers again like it did for a few days last fall.

Put "Invalid voucher message" in the subject line and describe your issue in detail. Include a photo of your voucher or the voucher PIN # in your private message to customer support. The CSA can check the vouchers validity and add it for you to your account balance. Please ask if the CSA also has an issue getting the payment system to accept your voucher as well (if its valid which I am sure it is) and report back here as this will help us help others encountering the same issue.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times but expect a reply within an hour.

@J_PM 

Can you look into whether this is a more widespread issue with the payment system? This is the 3rd or 4th customer with this issue in the last few days using vouchers that have no delay in validity. thx

@Jardina  You mentioned when you first got this service there was a number to contact. Are you sure the number you're possibly talking about isn't just a 3rd a party seller of the sim card?. 

There really it not a number for Public Mobile. You either order a sim card on publicmobile.ca once received you activate your account online. You can go to stores such as Walmart, London drugs and either go home and activate yourself or they activate it for you. Then there are 3rd party sellers such as buying off Amazon or some companies like Canadian Cell Supplies that will activate an account for you and ship you the time sim. These 3rd parties would likely have given you a number to contact if you were having issues with the sim that you bought from them. However now that you have an account everything regarding your account is handled in two ways and only online. 1- You write questions on these forums and just us normal customers like you try to help you solve the problem. 2-If we can't help you solve the problem or it's strictly an account related issue as we have no access to your account then you have to open a ticket or send a private message to Publish Mobile customer service agents (which I gave you those details on last post).

Back to your voucher that you got at circle K. What name is on it? The reason I ask is Public Mobile has top up vouchers everywhere however there is also PC mobile (which is Petro Canada Mobile) and sometimes workers at corner stores make an error and enter the wrong company. 

So does your voucher say Public Mobile?

Jardina

When I first got this service there was a number to contact you guys and I was given a number from the seller.  

On Feb 14th,2022 I had gone to the Circle K convenience store across the street and requested for $25 credit to top up my cell phone. I paid in full for the prepaid credit and was given an invalid receipt with the pin # and instructions. I attempted on several occasions to top up the phone and online and it is invalid. I went back to the store where I purchased it and they not helping me, which is wrong! I paid for something that's not working!

@Jardina  Do you mean you bought a top up voucher with a 12 digit pin to add funds to your account?. If so, some vouchers have two areas with a 12 digit number. Be sure to enter the one that says PIN. You can add it through your account or by calling 611 from your phone. Due note some vouchers can take around an hour to activate while other top up cards could take 24 hours.

Can you explain in detail what exactly you bought so we can try to assist you? 

As for support. Public Mobile customer service is all done online. There are no phone numbers to reach support. It says this on main website before even joining. As for these forums we are all customers like you.

To Contact customer service agents there are two options. 

Open a ticket via: 

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time) 

Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗" 

or send a private message to: 

and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process. 

Jardina

I want to know what is going on with Public mobile, is there some fraud going I. Some please help me to understand what is going on. I paid to top up and I was given invalid prepaid card. Someone, please help me! You cant even get a hold of customer service and you can't even get through because they suspend the phone, and to get some it needs to be paid, but I paid for the prepaid card and because the card is invalid I can't get through to anyone. I called a public mobile store at a different loaction and they said they can't help me and they were told not to give anyone the number, Please someone help me! I was lead to this community post, so unnecessary!

Need Help? Let's chat.