cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail notification

Whatisit88_
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got a voicemail notification that was from my own number. The voicemail recording says that it is an 8mu1 call and to call *611 for help, but that just gives me Public Mobile bill information. The notification will NOT delete, even if I delete it....it keeps returning to my notifications. How do I get rid of it??

19 REPLIES 19

Whatisit88_

Thanks, that's a good idea

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Whatisit88_ 

I'm happy to hear it's resolved. When you have a little spare time pop into the community. You can learn an awful lot about your phone and service and channel your inner nerd.  While I am still technologically challenged I know heck of a lot about mobile phones now than when I started here fumbling around with my flip phone!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Whatisit88_

Okay....I tried calling my own number, like you said earlier and they wanted me to set up Voicemail (which I had not done yet). So, I did and so far the notification has not returned! If it does, I'll try all of your suggestions. Thanks so much🙂 I'm not very techy at all....I find it all rather confusing. My husband is good at it, but this stumped him and he doesn't have Public Mobile

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Whatisit88_ 

Solved: Re: How to remove voicemail notification - Samsung

reset SIM, take out SIM, re-inserting SIM and power on,
try toggling airplane mode off/on,

and Rebooting device..test it.

@darlicious wrote:

Permalink and then copying the page link will link the post vs just the page it also allows yo to hide the link

I think I will save all valuable links and post references into my PM doc where I keep all PM's customer wisdom. Better than to rely on potential forum software and whatnot changes.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy 

Permalink and then copying the page link will link the post vs just the page it also allows yo to hide the link behind a word like "here" but its been so long I don't think I remember how to do it. Maybe I tagged the thread that taught me how to do it? Lol.....i miss tags.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin 

Whatisit88_

Sorry, I didn't mean to send that response. I will try an agent if calling my own number doesn't work. That was suggested by another community member. 

@VIP_Tech wrote:

How To Use Voicemail Features (publicmobile.ca)

Great find. When I try to look for 'voice mail' in Help it gives me bunch of unrelated articles...

Now, how do I make your link permanent? There are no Tags anymore... and I am afraid to click on Permalink not knowing what id does?

Yummy_0-1645116427997.png

Whatisit88_

Okay thank you🙂

Whatisit88_

Done

Whatisit88_

Done....I'll see what happens. I had snoozed the notification for 2 hours, which is the longest option. At least it disappears for 2 hours 🙂

@Whatisit88_ wrote:

Done....doesn't help

Did you try to contact agent? They should be able to assist you.

Whatisit88_

Done....doesn't help

Whatisit88_

Thank you. I did restart it. Don't have the voicemail number saved in my contacts. I'm not in a work setting with a network.

Whatisit88_

Okay, thank you

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Whatisit88_ 

How To Use Voicemail Features (publicmobile.ca)

also try to call your number from same device.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Whatisit88_ 

It sounds like a glitch in the voicemail box. Try rebooting your phone.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Never heard of such issue... ?!

While waiting for any customer with similar experience and possible resolution, contact agent, they might be able to assist you:

Send a private message to the CSA by clicking https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Whatisit88_ wrote:

I got a voicemail notification that was from my own number. The voicemail recording says that it is an 8mu1 call and to call *611 for help, but that just gives me Public Mobile bill information. The notification will NOT delete, even if I delete it....it keeps returning to my notifications. How do I get rid of it??

@Whatisit88_  - have you tried to turn off your phone, then restart it?

It is strange, sometimes voicemail finicky things, can pop up.

Try to perform a reset of your network work settings see if you can clear it out then.

Do you have your voicemail number saved as a contact in your phone? If so delete it, then readd it.

To access the voicemail without dialing and ringing the phone, check this list of local voicemail access numbers across Canada:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

EDIT: fixed link

Need Help? Let's chat.