cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel plan but be refunded for the plan I was charged for yet have no service?

maryelizjay1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been with Public Mobile for years, but their lack of customer service is ridiculous so I will be switching carriers. Before I can proceed, I need to deal with a couple things:

1. I put money on my account ($45) to be charged for my next bill. But I was overcharged on my credit card ($50)

2. I changed my plan ($35), but they charged me for the last plan ($45) (therefore overcharged me once again)

3. Even after charging me, I have no service.

I need access to my phone, but have had no service for almost a week and no one has gotten back to me. 

7 REPLIES 7

hi @JulienBrochu no mistake, PM is not bad  amd it has great savings 

if you only have porting problem, I will send you nimner to porting team. Check your Community inbox

JulienBrochu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Do you have a phone number to reach them, cause I just switched with them and seems to be a mistake 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@maryelizjay1 

Since you have said you have been a customer for years I'm going to assume that your $45 plan figure is the $50 plan minus rewards ($50 - $5($2 autopay+$3 loyalty=$5)=$45. If your renewal was April 1st as previously explained there was a widespread system issue affecting customers on autopay. Attempting to change your plan obviously compounded the problem but contacting customer support will enable you to ask a CSA to straighten out the issue.

Since you want to be on the the $35 plan rather than your previous plan and the system issue started this whole mess just ask for a credit to your account for the $50 charge to your card and get the CSA to reactivate your account with the $35 plan. You can ask for a refund but they can take up to 30 days to be processed back to your payment card and that may not be enough time to ensure you get your refund before having to port out from an active account.

As far as choosing a new provider keep in mind unless you are paying for first tier service many other providers charge a fee for call centre service and/or require you to seek customer support thru their online support channels just like pm. Public mobile has excellent custoner service once you actually reach out to them. If you have never sought customer support before it's unfair to say it's ridiculous if you have never bothered to understand the way pm's business model works or tried until today to seek customer support. It's actually very timely and efficient over waiting on hold listening to muzak and meandering thru the voice commands of the automated customer service agent to finally speak with a live agent.

If you decide to port out you may want to schedule a change plan on next renewal to the $15 plan. Try out your new provider with a temporary number ( you can call forward your pm number to it)for a couple of weeks while you wait for your refund and see if you like their service and how their customer support handles your customer service expectations. Many customers have ported out and regretted their decision and came back to pm mourning the loss of their accumulated rewards and now with the points system wishing they were still on the old rewards program. The choice is yours I just want to ensure your don't regret the choice you make.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account in your private messages only include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@maryelizjay1 

Since PM is a prepaid service, I would suggest you don’t port out until you get your refund first then remove AutoPay and CC.

When it is near renewal date, you can port out to another carrier.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

If you are looking to switch carriers and if you are looking for a refund... The best thing to do would be first to compeltel remove your card/form of payment so going forward ard there can be no errors in getting charged. I'm assuming g your service issue has to do with the April 1st meltdown, usually they don't do refunds as it is prepaid but due to their error if you reach out to a CS Agent and explain the situation they should be able to sort it out that way for you 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@maryelizjay1  - over a week? You may have been trapped in that April 1st failure (no it was not an April Fool's joke).

Contact CSA by submitting a ticket, by either the 2 methods found here, and get $s straightened out.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

When you log into self serve what message do you see? Active, suspended, other...?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@maryelizjay1 wrote:

I've been with Public Mobile for years, but their lack of customer service is ridiculous so I will be switching carriers. Before I can proceed, I need to deal with a couple things:

1. I put money on my account ($45) to be charged for my next bill. But I was overcharged on my credit card ($50)

2. I changed my plan ($35), but they charged me for the last plan ($45) (therefore overcharged me once again)

3. Even after charging me, I have no service.

I need access to my phone, but have had no service for almost a week and no one has gotten back to me. 

@maryelizjay1   Was your last plan renewal date on April 1?  PM has some serious system problem with renewal and Autopay that day, maybe that's why you got no service since charging?

I suggest you NOT to port out yet but to deal with the possible refund or amount reverse first.  once settle, then move away.  It is very hard to move away first and then ask for money back.    Also, please note that PM is a prepaid service, usually not provide refund.  But in your case, if it is a system problem, you have the right to ask for it.

You said you changed plan and they charged you wrong, did you click Change Now?  If you clicked that, PM will charge the new amount immediately and start a new cycle

Either way , you can try to discuss with PM for a refund or a reverse of the fund back to the account and then you can decide if you want to stay or go after everything is settled

To open ticket with PM:

1. If you have access to My account: Click on the bubble on the lower right or https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with above method: Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Need Help? Let's chat.