cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to I reprogram my voicemail?

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello, 

I previously had setup my android phone to call forward to my landline phone number. I now however want the calls to stop forwarding to my landline, and go back to having calls received on my cell phone's voicemail. However, when I go to forward my unanswered, and unavailable calls to voicemail, it is asking me to put in a phone number. What phone number do I put in here? Is there any setting to restore a SIM/Phone's default call forwarding numbers?

27 REPLIES 27

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I went ahead and tried them all.

Calling these tells me immediately that I have no messages which is correct.

587-580-4004 Alberta Calgary Southern AB 403/587/827
587-580-4005 Alberta Calgary Southern AB 403/587/827
587-580-4006 Alberta Calgary Southern AB 403/587/827
587-580-4007 Alberta Calgary Southern AB 403/587/827

778-580-4001 BC Whalley outside greater Vancouver area
778-581-4001 BC Whalley BC 250
778-581-4002 BC Whalley BC 250

506-588-4001 New Brunswick Moncton NB 428/506

705-780-4001 Ontario Barrie ON 249/705
647-580-4001 Ontario Toronto ON 416/437/647
647-580-4003 Ontario Toronto ON 416/437/647
647-580-4004 Ontario Toronto ON 416/437/647
647-580-4005 Ontario Toronto ON 416/437/647
647-580-4006 Ontario Toronto ON 416/437/647
647-580-4007 Ontario Toronto ON 416/437/647

450-320-4001 Quebec Granby Outside Montreal 450/579
438-580-4001 Quebec Montreal Montreal 438/514
581-580-4001 Quebec Quebec City 367/418/581
819-588-4001 Quebec Sherbrooke QC 819/873

These ask for the password - and then work
778-580-4002 BC Whalley greater Vancouver area
778-580-4003 BC Whalley Outside greater Vancouver area 

289-680-4001 Ontario Hamilton ON 289/365/905

647-580-4002 Ontario Toronto ON 416/437/647

The rest give the recording, choose language, enter number - invalid. I only tested a couple to find invalid. Hopefully this will go in with all the numbers and not get moderated.

Nezgar: Thanks. Yes I was meaning using the phone with the active Public sim in it. When I call my standard number I get an immediate recording saying I have no new messages (which I don't). When I called that NS number it gave me the long recording, choose language, enter number - then it said the number was invalid. So I was wondering if you'd be willing to check your list. I have a limited minute account set to renew soon so maybe I'll test out several. I'm betting that if the long recording happens then that's an indication of a problem.

@dust2dust wrote:

Do you get the long recording? Then choose the language? Then try your 10 digits? And does it tell you anything about your voicemail? I get invalid.

This was noticed by another customer and I checked it out. They changed their voicemail access number to another one and they were fine.

With my testing i dialed every number from a land line and was able to get the initial "long recording" but did not actually try to login to every number, but I did with the 902 and 867 numbers successfully. I can try dialing each and logging in with my actual Public Mobile line later. In theory when calling from your Public Mobile line you should at least never have to enter your mailbox number, as it should already know that from your caller ID.

Trivia PS: Did you know area code 867 for YT/NT/NU spells "TOP" as in "Top of the world" ? 💡

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@WoozyPolarBear 

It's always best to tag @Nezgar  or @dust2dust  in order to get an answer to your question.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account in your private messages only include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@WoozyPolarBear  Doesn't make sense, but also technically doesn't matter! (due to canada-wide calling) It seems from feedback I've read on these forums that it's pretty common for Alberta Public Mobile subscribers get the Regina voicemail number by default...

🤷

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you get the long recording? Then choose the language? Then try your 10 digits? And does it tell you anything about your voicemail? I get invalid.

This was noticed by another customer and I checked it out. They changed their voicemail access number to another one and they were fine.

WoozyPolarBear

Great, so I can program my Public and TELUS lines to the same number. Perfect. For some reason, my default voicemail was being routed to Saskatchewan, even though I live in Edmonton. Even though I have Canada wide calling, it didn't make sense for it to be dialing long distance.

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

Would these voicemail access numbers also work for my TELUS line, or are they specific to Public Mobile?

Those voicemail access/deposit are shared for wireless lines across all three of Telus Mobility, Koodo Mobile, and Public Mobile.

You can call them from a landline or other wireless carrier as well to check your voicemail with some additional prompts to enter the mailbox number (your 10 digit phone number) and your PIN.

@dust2dust wrote:

The 902 number. Yes I get all that recording. It does not go straight to my inbox. I try to enter my 10 digits and it says it's invalid.

I call 778-580-4001 and it immediately tells me I have no messages. No non-English, no entering a number. Same when I call the NB number, straight to telling me I have no messages.

I guess somehow with whatever route path the call takes from you to the 902 number, the caller ID is getting lost, so the system doesn't know who is calling... 🤷 

WoozyPolarBear

Would these voicemail access numbers also work for my TELUS line, or are they specific to Public Mobile?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The 902 number. Yes I get all that recording. It does not go straight to my inbox. I try to enter my 10 digits and it says it's invalid.

I call 778-580-4001 and it immediately tells me I have no messages. No non-English, no entering a number. Same when I call the NB number, straight to telling me I have no messages.

@dust2dust"a number" .... which one? Did it start off with "Welcome to the voice messaging system" (Then repeated in French then Chinese) ? That's the announcement when it doesn't recognize your caller ID as a subscriber/mailbox number...

All numbers now confirmed working for me...

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

From Public of course. 🙂 I tried a number and while it got to some kind of voicemail system, it wasn't Public and it didn't go straight in to my inbox and nor would it accept my number.

@dust2dustSure - not hard with unlimited canada-wide calling!

Just tested 902-580-4001 at least - no problems calling it from my Public Mobile or VoIP-based landline...

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Nezgar: Would you be willing to re-check all those access numbers? A few customers are saying accessing voicemail isn't working but they can access fine with another number. Particularly 902 in NS.

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

Thanks, I tried that, but it actually just deleted my call forwarding settings and turned all the options off. No big deal, as I just manually typed in the phone numbers and turned them on again. Good to know none the less.

With Public Mobile, when you dial ##004# (which is the same as dialing ##61#, ##62#, and ##67#) not only does it delete whatever conditional call forwards you had previously configured, but it then replaces it with your default public mobile voicemail deposit number. Once reset with one of the above codes, you can query each of the conditional call forwards to see what the number is (using *#61#, *#62#, and *#67#) which will be one of the numbers in this list I previously compiled here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

If the deposit numbers really doesn't automatically get programmed back in as you indicate, you can set them to any one of the numbers in the aforementioned link, with one in your area making the most sense... Using those programming & query codes is the most reliable way as the forwarding options in the phones menus are not always predictable/reliable.

(Thanks for the ping @darlicious)

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@WoozyPolarBear 

I depend on the viscount of voicemail the venerable @Nezgar for guidance on call forwarding when I am unsure. Maybe you will find this post handy in future...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Out-of-service-area-or-on-Airplane-mode/m...

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account in your private messages only include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It worked for me. I set one of the conditionals. Dialed the number. It changed that conditional back to the original. I guess it behaves differently on different devices. It doesn't reset the all forward though. But it resets all the conditionals. On my phone.

WoozyPolarBear

Thanks, I tried that, but it actually just deleted my call forwarding settings and turned all the options off. No big deal, as I just manually typed in the phone numbers and turned them on again. Good to know none the less.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Dial that and it resets the call forwarding back to the provider defaults.

WoozyPolarBear

What does ##004# do?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

##004#

@WoozyPolarBear   You phone dialer can help a bit

Depends on your dialer,  some phones go though this:

Dialer, click  on the 3 dots, settings, Supplementary Services, Cal Forwarding, then you just change the different type of forwarding   But basically, that is the same as using the * codes above 

Yes, there is no one click to change it back to the default.  It's a system thing that PM Support can likely do the "one click" for you if you open the ticket, but I guess you can do it quicker now  🙂

WoozyPolarBear

Thank you, that is what I was looking for. On a side note, I'm surprised my phone can't just pull this number automatically from the network. I wonder if there is a way to reset a SIM card to default.

@WoozyPolarBear 

You can use one of the voicemail number found here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

Pick one on your area code and in your area

WoozyPolarBear

Thanks for the reply, it's actually the other column (as shown below) I am trying to configure. I just don't know what number to enter to get my voicemail to work properly. 

pm voicemail.png

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@WoozyPolarBear 

Maybe try this.

155A408A-E6F8-4145-926C-65392E9CF659.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.