cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

okay here's a good question

jtrohak
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

..Let's see if there is a good answer for this one..

I live in Saskatoon and recently changed my phone number because of someone spamming my number.

I changed it to a Saltcoats, Saskatchewan number, which is 4 hours away from Saskatoon. Because it is very easy to remember.

Recently, a few calls, not all, have been cutting in and out. So is it because my SIM is connecting to a Saltcoats phone number 4 hours away? or could it just be my phone, which has been dropped on the floor a few times too many. Motorola G Power

Thanks for any input!

5 REPLIES 5

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@jtrohak wrote:

..Let's see if there is a good answer for this one..

I live in Saskatoon and recently changed my phone number because of someone spamming my number.

I am sorry to hear. Clarify spamming. Some one is calling you numerous times or some one is spoofing your number?? if you are getting unwanted calls like we all received...build a complete, best ever contact list of friends, lovers, enemies, wife, business, doctors etc...then set a DND setting to only allow calls to you, that are in your contacts list. DND will still let the call to go to VM and set up your VM to ask for name and phone number and a message...from there add to your contacts or block the caller. It works!!!

I changed it to a Saltcoats, Saskatchewan number, which is 4 hours away from Saskatoon. Because it is very easy to remember.

Thats nice...but do your local friends and businesses etc now have to call you LD as not everyone has Canada Wide Calling. 

Recently, a few calls, not all, have been cutting in and out. So is it because my SIM is connecting to a Saltcoats phone number 4 hours away?

NO, your are connecting to the nearest Telus or shared cell tower in Saskatoon....same as before. 

or could it just be my phone, which has been dropped on the floor a few times too many. Motorola G Power

Perhaps...or a faulty SIM....can you try SIM in another phone?

Thanks for any input!

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Most likely the latter as it could have rattled the sim card holder internally among other things 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jtrohak   I see you have a Moto G Power phone, if it is a Canadian or US version of the phone, it should work without issue.   But it could still be a device issue.  Try to get a good working phone from friend to test, put your PM SIM there and see if it works better

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I really doubt phone number has to do anything with your location. I expect my phone to work IN BC even though my number is in ON.

BUT, knowing you had mishap (few times) with your phone maybe some contacts with SIM card become loose and are loosing connection.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jtrohak , the location of number does not matter.  It is a connection issue 

What kind of phone do you have?  

Try to reseat your sim once (power off, take out the SIM for a minute before putting it back in and power up)

If still not working well, try to change the Preferred network type to 3G ONLY/WCDMA ONLY and see if it helps

You can also try to reset Network and see how it goes

Need Help? Let's chat.