cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing & new customers $40 for 15GB data at 4Gspeed, unlimited Canada calling, unlimited messaging

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Didnt see an announcement about this plan, a good deal for existing customers.

New customers will find it when activating 

Screenshot_20221029-073300.png

40 REPLIES 40

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

I think it's to have a competitive plan/s against phonebox 

$40 for 15 GB has been here forever even though it keeps saying xyz Day promotion.

But even $45 for 20GB is back?  LG = Life is Good:)

thanks @pm-smayer97 

For anyone who missed this deal... IT IS BACK! 😄  

So is the 20GB for $45.

Available to new AND existing customers.

No saying for how long 😕

P.S. If you are unsure about it, you can always buy yourself some time by securing this offer until your next plan renewal. Simply initiate a plan change in Self Serve for on your renewal date. You can always cancel anytime before then and preserve your existing plan. 

@fanfan could be location related then

Check Redflagdeals for more discussion on that

fanfan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@softech i don’t see the similar $40/15 gb offer on my Koodo account (located in BC). 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel   Yep, it's a great deal for the price, especially for customers on the old rewards 😊.   Good to have the screenshot as insurance, but I think you'll get the scheduled plan change without any issues, I hope!

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

this is awesome!!!! I took a screenshot of the scheduled plan change just in case. it's very unlikely I burn through this much data in a month, but a heavily discounted 15gb plan is a no brainer. ever since I've joined PM it's been getting better and better! thanks for the spooky present!

@softech   lol...I won't hold my breath! 

edit:  I'd be content with 5GB/$20!   😉 😂

@dabr   don't loss hope, there might be a $20 plan for 10GB tomorrow   :).  

@softech   Too bad all these deals are only for customers willing to pay $40+...

@hTideGnow wrote:

It is interesting how the system "recommend" the $40 plan with 5GB instead of the super sized $40 plan with 15 GB

The recommended plan isn't anything more than the next more expensive plan even if it iincludes less than what you already have. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Look like it is a good day in Telus world today, Koodo have similar deal for existing customers:

softech_0-1666986892749.png

FlutteringBy

Yup, got it....

Thanks hTideGnow...👍....

greygoose22
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Almost certainly will! I missed the commotion of the other plan so learning on the fly today haha

@greygoose22 wrote:

I just talked with a CS_Agent and they confirmed that my scheduled change will remain even if they remove the option.

HI @greygoose22   keep the message as proof  🙂

@hTideGnow   I think the 3 x points is sorta standard messaging with on all the plans until they remove the bonus points and return to 5% points.

edit:  agreed it would be better if the limited time offer was the first plan customers view for less confusion, however, confusion is almost becoming PM's MO..  🙄

greygoose22

I just talked with a CS_Agent and they confirmed that my scheduled change will remain even if they remove the option.

It is interesting how the system "recommend" the $40 plan with 5GB instead of the super sized $40 plan with 15 GB

And, Question, 

All the plans show 3x Points back.  Is that 3x points back for new activation only?  If existing user upgrade to those plans, they still get 3x points?

@dust2dust    Lol...of course, but I'm already assuming that it's only going to be available (guessing) for a couple of days, sort of a Halloween special? 

edit:  BTW, it seem from a couple of responses that PM did/is honouring the scheduled plan change for the discontinued $55/20 GB plan.  Of course, would have been nice without all the confusion and lack of information on how it was handled when it got removed.

farmbot
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Community members deliver the goods!

Thanks for the heads up EdN.

Did the switch in my aacount thru laptop on renewal date late November.

Public threw us existing customers a Big juicy bone......

😊

@dabr wrote:

Wow...what a treat for customers who need lots of extra data! 

@dabr- We'll see if it becomes a trick when it might get yanked out from scheduled changes like the $55/20gb plan did when the plan gets removed in that gap time.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Wow...what a treat for customers who need lots of extra data! 

HI @FlutteringBy   there should be yellow arrows icon for you to screen up and down.  It should be at the bottom of the page. Check it

FlutteringBy

In my account, the offer is greyed out...will the offer be automatically be applied?...there doesn't seem anywhere I can click to activate it....

PM.jpg

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@J_PM wrote:

You've found a frighteningly good deal👻! To give our customers faster speeds at more affordable prices, for a limited time only, we’re offering a special $40/15GB 4G speed plan to all of our existing customers in My Account for anyone who wishes to take advantage of it. 

This limited time offer is not a discounted $60/15GB 4G speed plan – it is a special $40/15GB 4G speed plan. Customers who switch to this plan should expect it to stay on their accounts until they decide to switch to another plan. But act fast, this spooky surprise won’t be around for long!

Do I have switch right away or can I select change on renewal date? Will plan still be honoured?

edk138

will this result in 3x reward points as long as we stay on the plan?

Aiden

Love the screenshot lol

hope there isn’t another backlash like last time and we can refer to this as the “fall 2022 promo” and forget about the 2016 version 

@J_PM wrote:

Customers who switch to this plan should expect it to stay on their accounts until they decide to switch to another plan.

dust2dust_0-1666976661632.png

Shades of wording circa Fall 2016. hmmm 🙂

greygoose22

Frighteningly good 👻

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Nope.  It let me switch no problem.

Need Help? Let's chat.