cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everything has changed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, I just came back online today and saw all the changes. For some reason I cannot sign into my old community account (koen4224), it only allows me to sign in with my account? Why? Where is the username and password login like before? I don't want to post here I want to post there where I had everything saved. Where did it go?

How do I switch my current plan to E-SIM, there is no option anywhere?

Also lots of issues on the website and new app. 

Rewards won't load at all. 

Most importantly I want my old Community account back, how do I get into it?

40 REPLIES 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow   Yes receiving a SMS on suspended account was possible previously but only for password resets (IIRC) on the older system, however, that doesn't seem to work anymore as I tested it a little earlier on the suspended account.  I was able to receive the code via email though and was able to login to the account but not into the Community account for that account (different from mine) and was being directed to create a new username instead.  I didn't go further there obviously and left it alone until PM has managed to fix it.

edit:  correction, suspended accounts do still receive SMS code for password reset.  However, for whatever reason the phone attached to the suspended account did not download them at the time of testing (3 attempts), but I noticed them a couple of hours later on the phone with the right time stamp but obviously they didn't arrive at the stated time. 

HI @Anonymous   If i remember correct, even account is suspended, PM can sms the forgot password code on the old My Account

And in your case, try it and see if you can create the Eeversafe id.  If not, then you will need to submit ticket with PM CS agent at:   https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):
         https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

What happens if the number you are trying to access is on a currently suspended account? How do you get the verification code to sign in?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. It was too soon and needed more testing and development. 

Sure I am technically a customer of Public Mobile but I used to be authorized with them, I never stopped selling them third party so I have been using their systems for a very very long time and remember when I could call customer support with the number on my Portal before it was shut down. 

Long story short, I refer 15+ people per month by doing this and I feel like Public could have used someone like me with the development team to help decide what would be beneficial changes. I have alot of recommendations and I refer and activate more people than probably anyone else in Canada on a monthly basis. Public should have asked what we wanted for change before making all these changes we didn't want, because now it's going to be months and months before anything is working normally again. 

I think they should keep the old website and the old system running for the people who don't want to switch to this yet, they should do this on oldpublicmobile.ca, and than they can shut it down when this system is finally fully fixed and running, but in the meantime I don't know how they expect anyone to do anything with this new system. We need something done or we need to be credited for all the inconveniences, because when I have even the slightest issue with my Bell account I use the online chat and immediately have a $10-$20 credit for all the headaches ita caused me. 

@Anonymous - we are customers here not Public employees. WE all got hit with this along with you. Did Public release too soon without proper testing? Maybe. 

It really should have been a smoother transition.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Coding takes time, be patient, report your issues in the thread in the announcements section, you are aware of the thread, you've posted a number of threads and others have directed you there as well 

Anonymous
Not applicable

It keeps telling me to subscribe, yet I have account credit with enough to subscribe and it won't let me change my plan. 

It's like it won't acknowledge my account credit is even there. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

When will we be expecting to see all these bugs and malfunctions being worked on? 

This new system has been nothing but a headache. Nothing is working properly. Tried changing my plan but it won't accept Account credit.. what???

Website and Mobile App are absolutely haywire. It seems nothing was tested before hand, everything was perfect before. 

XionBunny

I sincerely feel for you, this launch has been rough, thanks for keeping in touch with the community.

PBForMe1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Anonymous wrote:

I have so many customers asking me since they just want to keep using their phone as is for now, and wait to sign up here till all the bugs are worked out. 

If they don't sign up for this new system and sign in, if they're pre authorized payments were on before this change they won't be cut off, correct? Their phone will keep on automatically renewing even if they don't sign into the new system?

Correct?

What will happen is that you'll be locked out of your account if you ever lose your phone because as of right now the new system will not allow you to authenticate with EMAIL until you've migrated to the new system.

Thank you for supporting the Community! If someone is set up with pre-authorized payments already, they will keep automatically renewing the same as before. 

For those looking to hold off, we’re prioritizing fixes as soon as possible and will post when they have been made. 

Please note: I am not a CS Agent and can't provide 1:1 support.
I do not monitor my direct messages.

Hi @Anonymous   they can wait until the system is more stable

But they still need to login at some point to

1. submit ticket with agent if they encounter problem

2. they need to update the credit card info if expiring

3. they need to suspend account if they are on long trip

4. they need to reactivate account in case auto payment failed

XionBunny

Things will continue as normal, provided their payment info is current and up to date.

@Anonymous  Presumably yes until the credit card on the account expires , then you have to face the music lol 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have so many customers asking me since they just want to keep using their phone as is for now, and wait to sign up here till all the bugs are worked out. 

If they don't sign up for this new system and sign in, if they're pre authorized payments were on before this change they won't be cut off, correct? Their phone will keep on automatically renewing even if they don't sign into the new system?

Correct?

Norm1977
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same problem

XionBunny

@LitlLdy I see, makes sense, they really should have done beta testing of this site with the community, like they did in the old days, offer rewards for testing, I remember getting free data for my time in years past when they had a testing cycle going on and wanted to do interviews on the changes, I miss those days.

@XionBunny wrote:

@softechI'm guessing someone from the staff confirmed that, if so awesome!

@XionBunny , from a CSA,

We apologize if some of the steps to complete certain action are not functioning to the optimal capacity right now. We are launching this new release of operation & by experience there are going to be certain aspect of process which may not work. This happens with new release of technology to a system.

As I was writing this to you, I inquired to the moderator of the release & she said that in fact the esim are only available for new activation for the moment on the APP. Sorry that we do not have it available for you at the moment.

Again, this is a new release & upgrades are still coming & hopefully the esim will be available for existing clients very soon.”

XionBunny

@softechI'm guessing someone from the staff confirmed that, if so awesome!

no worry @XionBunny , eSim will come to everyone. 

XionBunny

E-sim is only available for new activations, at this time, no word if it will be available to everyone at a later point.

Thank you for your support! We’re working as fast as we can to resolve hiccups. 

Please note: I am not a CS Agent and can't provide 1:1 support.
I do not monitor my direct messages.

@Anonymous 

your frustration is certainly understood, but I would not say anything around here resembles anything “functional

It just works enough to keep a certain amount of subscribers on the service and the rest of us here in the community keep the rest from leaving.

@Anonymous  For now that’s just for new activations thru the app , but the community seems hopeful it will come to the rest of us soon 

1) A few hiccups does not warrant a complete rollback. Be patient, log tickets as needed, and watch the forums.

2) The old website was ATTROCIOUS! Finally they've solved the caching issue with the new app, and hopefully dozens of customers a week can avoid confusion over the appearance of used data buckets and incorrect plans.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I miss the old days when my Public customer support number for agents was still working. 😪 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I like it but there is way to many issues, how do you even update your current plan from a SIM Card to ESIM? There is no option on the app or website. 

@Anonymous I hear you.  But trust me , this is a go ahead change and I dont think going back is an option

open ticket with support is the only way and open it early to get it fixed early 

@Anonymous  It’s been disorienting for me also , but after playing in here for a few hours I’m actually really digging the new set up , just takes bit of time to familiarize yourself all over again 

Need Help? Let's chat.