cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double payment

Scott39
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been with public for 2 years now. Just decided to change my phone package. I just payed my public mobile bill on the 16th of January, and was charged again when I changed my package today. I will requiring one of those payments to be refunded to my credit card. My public mobile account # is 1000000xxxxxxxxx

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

18 REPLIES 18

@Dunkman   Well that is really useful to know.  Never needed to make an immediate plan change so reassuring to know there is a big fat warning before just in case!

I had thought of that, @dust2dust   Having never gone there before, did not want to jeopardize a plan change prematurely.   Only changes I've ever (had to ) make were scheduled plan changes and credit card changes and a simple 500 minute calling add-on.

@Scott39 - are you still certain no notifications, such as those displayed here from both a mobile and a desktop screen, were delivered?

The pendulum is shifting, I'm afraid.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Scott39 

Well you are only one week into your cycle when you chose to change plans. But the times I have used my phone instead of my tablet it is easy to not see things that are moved around in different places or are below the screen view and need to be scrolled to so as to be seen by the user.

Your best approach is to explain your unfamiliarity with changing plans and using a phone to access self serve over the regular device you use to access the pm website(s). The most reasonable resolution if the CSA agrees is to ask that you are returned to your original 30 day plan that renewed on the 16th as you have usage of nearly a week whereas your new plan is essentially untouched. If the CSA agrees they will credit your account the new plan amount and you can then schedule a change plan on next renewal to the new plan that you want. Hopefully they grant this "one time" gesture of good will and you agree that "you will never make that mistake again".

BTW.....do not join the Public Points program! It's an irrevocable decision that you will regret forevermore..... Best of luck with customer support.

@HALIMACS- You can always try things and stop before the final go. There are very few to no places that have no "are you sure" stopping points.

Screenshot_20230122-074606_Firefox.jpg

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you did change plan Now your renewal day changed to this day and you are immediately changer for new plan.

You should schedule plan change on Next renewal, but now it is too late.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Well @Scott39  , you may have a small shot then, although @Dunkman has stated both applications display the red warnings.

It's worth asking a customer support agent then, the worst they can do is deny the request, unless you can demonstrate no such warning flashed during the process.

@HALIMACS 

Both mobile and desktop applications will show the red warnings.  

Scott39

I definitely did not see that red notification on the mobile app. All I could see was the green square books that said pre payment and my credit card info that I am currently using. Would be had to miss a red banner like that. 

Great info @Dunkman  !

Having never performed an immediate plan change for any of my 'peeps', do you know if this glaring red messaging appears on BOTH mobile and desktop applications when doing an immediate plan change?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Scott39 

There is a warning when you change plans immediately.  See below:

BEFORE YOU PROCEED.png

You would have to click the tab and seen the warning.  You must have missed it by accident.  Don't think Customer service agent will be able to help.

@Scott39 wrote:

I find this a little had to believe. Very unhappy that public mobile does not make this very important information available at the time I was switching my plan. Seems like is a bit of a scam. I'm already a paying customer. Never missed a payment. Even had friends sign up because of my recommendation. So because I wanted to make sure I had it switched immediately I have to pay for an extra month of service. Not a happy customer

@Scott39 When you make the plan change, there is a description about what Change plan now means.  I doubt PM support can do anything at this time, but you can try to open a ticket with them using method provided by @HALIMACS 

BTW, please remove your account number for your best interest.  This is an open forum and you don't want the account number posted here

I know, @Scott39 , it sucks.

The 'immediate' vs 'next renewal' situation does happen from time to time.   Some folks aren't aware of the implications of one vs the other.

It's not a scam though.   Around here, each cycle is a whole new plan as it's pre-paid.   Alot of folks renew early because they run out of data and don't mind paying a whole new 30-day cycle.

Try your luck with the support agents per my last post - it's worth a shot if you present it as a misunderstanding.

EDIT:   @Scott39 , as a reference point, see this Get Help article on the website:

Change your Plan (publicmobile.ca)

Scott39

I find this a little had to believe. Very unhappy that public mobile does not make this very important information available at the time I was switching my plan. Seems like is a bit of a scam. I'm already a paying customer. Never missed a payment. Even had friends sign up because of my recommendation. So because I wanted to make sure I had it switched immediately I have to pay for an extra month of service. Not a happy customer

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Scott39 

You might be able to claim 'error' or 'oversight' on your part if you intended to switch on the NEXT RENEWAL.   An understanding Customer Support Agent may be willing to place a credit on your available funds towards the next renewal - it's worth a shot.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Scott39  When changing plans is usually advised to choose the plan for next renewal not immediately or you end up losing the prior pre paid services your already purchased 

edit also note there are times when you do things correctly and you still notices 2 charges for same plan but if you look closely on your cc invoice one has posted while the other is pending and this pending charge typically falls off 

Chrissyrioux12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi if you chose to change the plan immediately there would be no reimbursement 

if you chose upon next renewal then you should contact a csa

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Scott39 

Did you choose an immediate plan change, or schedule on next renewal?

Immediate plan changes start a whole anew 30-day cycle.   When these are done, there's no refund given on past cycles which have not gone to their 30-day completion.

Need Help? Let's chat.