cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did anyone give up porting their number out of Public Mobile due to the difficulty?

fcf777
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did anyone give up porting their number out of Public Mobile due to the frustration of calling and dealing with their porting department? First of all, their SMS message never comes. Then, if you call the porting department, you get put on hold for an hour only to be cut off because "their is no one available to take your call". 

I swear this is their customer retention program. 

38 REPLIES 38

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@fcf777 

Did you call freedom's porting department or the telus/koodo (pm) porting department? Did pm customer support tell you they had recieved the request to port out? Can you double check with freedom the account # used and compare with your account just to be sure it's correct?

Edit:

Sent you a private message.

fcf777

Yup, this is the fifth time. Still no SMS!

fcf777

I called the porting department as advised by the Public Mobile customer service. 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@fcf777 

Call freedom up and ask them to reinitiate the port request.

fcf777

I gave my public mobile account number to Freedom mobile at their store. Frustrating how It's just assumed that I'm doing something wrong.

fcf777

I am still receiving text messages on my Public Mobile number. SIGH!

fcf777

I called the porting department as advised by Public Mobile customer service because the SMS message never comes despite being requested several times. I've done all the steps correctky and patiently, I swear.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @fcf777 are you still getting text on your PM phone from friends?

Also, you don't call PM porting department, you call your new provider.  

and you provide them your PM Account number?