cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did anyone give up porting their number out of Public Mobile due to the difficulty?

fcf777
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did anyone give up porting their number out of Public Mobile due to the frustration of calling and dealing with their porting department? First of all, their SMS message never comes. Then, if you call the porting department, you get put on hold for an hour only to be cut off because "their is no one available to take your call". 

I swear this is their customer retention program. 

53 REPLIES 53

fcf777

Not sure I'm following because the Freedom SIM works so it has been provisioned correctly. The Public Mobile SIM is still continuing to work as well.

fcf777

sorry?

fcf777

This is a very strong disincentive from ever switching back to Public even if they offer better plans and service in the future.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@fcf777 

The freedom porting department is an on hold nightmare? Something is blocking your PAT (porting authorization text) have you double checked the spelling of your name?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Wrong thread.....?

@fcf777   reply them and tell them it is not porting problem.  Tell them you cannot even make outgoing calls, it is a sim provisioning problem. 

you were calling Freedom porting department?     

thanks @darlicious   Too many porting issues  LoL

fcf777

I've opened three tickets since yesterday afternoon. No results as far as I can tell. Only response I get is from Customer support DM but they just point me to call the porting department which is call on hold hell.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@fcf777 

On occasion there has been a similar issue reported when porting to freedom.

fcf777

Yes and Yes

fcf777

All, thanks for your responses but I've tried all of that and still trying despite the urge to pull all my hair out. I was just asking the community if my situation is unique or more common than not.

@fcf777 

have you open ticket with PM yet?  If not, or if you want anther ticket , use this direct link
https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

If you have made a request to port your number to another carrier and have not received an SMS from Public Mobile to confirm your request, please open our chatbot via this link. This will put you in touch with our Customer Support Agents who will be able to assist you.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@fcf777 

Try your IMEI # of your phone. Just double check it is correct. Have you spoken to the freedom porting department as to the issue? 

fcf777

It's not Freedom's problem. They have re-sent the porting requests five times. The one time I talked to the porting department, they saw the porting request but the call got cut off. Just my luck.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @fcf777   and porting is something between 2 providers.  Maybe it is Freedom problem?  

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@fcf777 wrote:

Yup, this is the fifth time. Still no SMS!

Just to confirm….you contacted Freedom Mobile 5x to ask them to port your number out of PM? You also left your old PM sim in your phone for the confirmation text to port out that never came?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@fcf777 

Did you call freedom's porting department or the telus/koodo (pm) porting department? Did pm customer support tell you they had recieved the request to port out? Can you double check with freedom the account # used and compare with your account just to be sure it's correct?

Edit:

Sent you a private message.

fcf777

Yup, this is the fifth time. Still no SMS!

fcf777

I called the porting department as advised by the Public Mobile customer service. 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@fcf777 

Call freedom up and ask them to reinitiate the port request.

fcf777

I gave my public mobile account number to Freedom mobile at their store. Frustrating how It's just assumed that I'm doing something wrong.

fcf777

I am still receiving text messages on my Public Mobile number. SIGH!

fcf777

I called the porting department as advised by Public Mobile customer service because the SMS message never comes despite being requested several times. I've done all the steps correctky and patiently, I swear.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @fcf777 are you still getting text on your PM phone from friends?

Also, you don't call PM porting department, you call your new provider.  

and you provide them your PM Account number?

Need Help? Let's chat.