cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Stats

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

New members to the community often ask what kind of participation is required to earn a community reward. Here are the averaged daily post counts of the current top 15 on the bravo leaderboard.

1. @gblackma                35.0                              
  2. @Jb456                       6.3
  3. @darlicious                 22.0
  4. @Anonymous                  17.3
  5. @popping                    8.2
  6. @JoyLuck                    8.3
  7. @CannonFodder        13.0
  8. @Triguy                        8.0
  9. @geopublic                 17.7
  10. @hairbag1                   4.0
  11. @kselmak                    3.75
  12. @computergeek541  6.69*
  13. @AE_Collector            3.1
  14. @will13am                  6.63*
  15. @dabr                          3.75

* Oracle        

**** Please do not bravo this post or the following post as its for informational purposes only.

57 REPLIES 57

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darliciousI like the personalized answers. I find them different, warming and more welcoming while getting the correct message across than the more technical ones. Its an art form, would hate to see something like this go. Diversity is always good in a community. 

@ShawnC13  I reposted it to end this thread on a positive note but it disappeared. As did another post today....nowhere to be found.  Not even in the lounge. Whatever I give up. I'll just make a bunch of macros and stick to stock answers. So much easier and so much less time to then to type out a personalized answer.

@darlicious wrote:

Well it looks like my offer of pie to bring the community together has been summarily rejected twice! So i will assume the powers that be would rather we stay fractured. After being censored earlier today and now finding olive branches are snapped and blown up I am finding are hard time remaining positive about this community. Let the despots rule then!

Here is the pie post? https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/Community-State/m-p/524756/highlight/true#...

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Naepalm  Sorry there's no pie allowed in thus community not even as a gesture to bring the community together. I guess if you want pie you have to ask an Oracle for it. As well as approval to post in the community as they are the gods of censorship! I will await my 24 hour ban from the Community.......

@darlicious 

Hey, I love PIE! apple pie is delicious. So I will accept that offer as long as it is dropped at a distance of 2 meters away from me, you know social distancing and all. 

🙂

Well it looks like my offer of pie to bring the community together has been summarily rejected twice! So i will assume the powers that be would rather we stay fractured. After being censored earlier today and now finding olive branches are snapped and blown up I am finding are hard time remaining positive about this community. Let the despots rule then!

Only three bravos spread across the two posts. Most of us can follow instructions and therefore would be good at assembling ikea products!

AE_Collector

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

New members to the community often ask what kind of participation is required to earn a community reward. Here are the averaged daily post counts of the current top 15 on the bravo leaderboard.

1. @gblackma                35.0                              
  2. @Jb456                       6.3
  3. @darlicious                 22.0
  4. @Anonymous                  17.3
  5. @popping                    8.2
  6. @JoyLuck                    8.3
  7. @CannonFodder        13.0
  8. @Triguy                        8.0
  9. @geopublic                 17.7
  10. @hairbag1                   4.0
  11. @kselmak                    3.75
  12. @computergeek541  6.69*
  13. @AE_Collector            3.1
  14. @will13am                  6.63*
  15. @dabr                          3.75

* Oracle        

**** Please do not bravo this post or the following post as its for informational purposes only.

The least headed advice "**** Please do not bravo this post or the following post as its for informational purposes only." LOL

Sorry everyone trying to keep it lite.😁

Kinda reminds me of the Nintendo cartridge that says do not blow in the cartridge. 😂😂

@darlicious wrote:

......and bravo leaders #16 - #22. (There's no way round that 15 member limit per post!)

* Oracle    **average since joining (avg.since 1st post approx. 4.5)

Don't tag them and the list can be a long as you like;  4 columns of 25 would make a tidy page. 🤣

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@darlicious wow did you ever open up a can of worms lol it seems every word is scrutinized around here by a certain few who think they run the place that's why alot of people stop participating on here God forbid if you slip up in any way,have a great eve.!  

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

we all do our best

@darlicious wrote:

My oh my....oh my....

How to take this all in....from what I thought was some fun stats on an otherwise mundane Monday. With not a lot of helping out to be had I suppose I unintentionally achieved some very active participation from the community to collaborate on giving @ and @ some real unfiltered feedback on what members think of the community in its current state and perhaps how we each feel the direction it should go in....the negatives and some positives?

I gave every member and every post a bravo in this thread whether i agreed with it or not, if i felt it was supportive or derogatory,  complimentary or combative, divisionary or motivating. Ultimately  every opinion counts. They are neither right or wrong. They are collectively the opinions of the community and all are welcome (within the confines of t of s). But it is important to remember to make everyone feel welcomed and valued and we have an obligation to treat everyone with respect and keep in mind we must provide good customer service along with customer support.

@Jb456  Thanks for recognizing and pointing out how certain words or tone can make a lasting impression on a member....luckily I'm a tough chick and if I'm going to dish it out I better be prepared to take it. Personally I'd rather be dishing out a nice homemade pie to everyone but it won't be humble pie.

@darlicious  when don't we get off track on a topic? 🤣 Yes welcomed and valued. When I first started posting I would end with "Welcome to Public Mobile" I noticed many have incorporated that into their posts as well now. Small wording goes along way! I will take an apple or blueberry pie thanks 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk 

Unfortunately, cranston had the thought that Mayors are somehow at the same level as Oracles. This is not true. Everybody up to and including Mayors have the same "power" here. Oracles have some power. The promoting up the levels is done automatically. Oracles are appointed.

@Jb456 wrote:

I will end with this.

Oracles, please do not take any offence to this.

You're all great in my mind and each and everyone of us appreciates what you do for these forums. However, some should brush up on their customer service skills, on how to interact with others in a polite and respectful manner. 

Remember! These forums are unique and unlike forums like Trip Advisor or Red Flag Deals where the chit chat from privileged users are relaxed. These forums are directly for a product!

Public Mobile has no phone numbers for those seeking assistance. They are directed to these forums! PM has recognized your abilities to assist others, reached out to you and put their trust in you regarding these forums. 

You are the face of Public Mobile!

Likely the deciding factor for some new potential clients if they will join this service or go somewhere else with phone support. How responses are worded are not only viewed by us but viewed by potential customers as well. As some word say "Time to get off the high horse" as you're not hurting us members. You're hurting Public Mobiles potential new clients.

Now can everyone give a fist pump👊 and get these darn forums back on track?!!!!!!

I agree. And I would like to bring forward what @cranston posted to reinforce. 

Oracles and Mayors, should be people persons, understanding, kind, communicative, helpful, promote positive and constructive discussions, be a good example, establish and promote best practices as set out by PM, be unbiased towards others, and look at things objectively, look at postings from the perspective of the OP. 

The PM Community should be like any other small Community that looks after each other, promotes growth, education and guidance to succeed.  I am hoping for a lot of us in the Community, that PM is watching some of the questionable Oracles (and Oracles/Mayors that are following and supporting a bad influence) in what they say, what they move, edit, hide and what they delete (if they can). We are all looking to be here as part of the same team. A team that watches out for one and another, promotes education of the product and all become ambassadors to support and endorse PM’s products. 

Right now, Nov 2019, I can say there are a number of great Oracles here but there is one BAD APPLE with a couple of followers that are just pushing Community members away from the Community and the Product. 

Due to the stupidly, lack of respect, lack of transparency, and  CYA’ing I have unsubscribed. As how this topic started and has evolved to, is childish brought on by some  superior being.  

My oh my....oh my....

How to take this all in....from what I thought was some fun stats on an otherwise mundane Monday. With not a lot of helping out to be had I suppose I unintentionally achieved some very active participation from the community to collaborate on giving @Alan_K and @Tiana_V  some real unfiltered feedback on what members think of the community in its current state and perhaps how we each feel the direction it should go in....the negatives and some positives?

I gave every member and every post a bravo in this thread whether i agreed with it or not, if i felt it was supportive or derogatory,  complimentary or combative, divisionary or motivating. Ultimately  every opinion counts. They are neither right or wrong. They are collectively the opinions of the community and all are welcome (within the confines of t of s). But it is important to remember to make everyone feel welcomed and valued and we have an obligation to treat everyone with respect and keep in mind we must provide good customer service along with customer support.

@Luddite  you as always have provided me with some very interesting reading and a laugh your position is well earned.

@ShawnC13  you provided the official stats which correlate with my own conclusions and my personal stats are near the bottom as expected but my solution percentage has marginally improved since I last calculated it.

@Jb456  Thanks for recognizing and pointing out how certain words or tone can make a lasting impression on a member....luckily I'm a tough chick and if I'm going to dish it out I better be prepared to take it. Personally I'd rather be dishing out a nice homemade pie to everyone but it won't be humble pie.

To everyone else before or after this post thanks for weighing in....it makes me all the more determined to figure out a way to bring the opposing factions together in a cohesive community where a little compromising and understanding will go a long way in bringing back our community spirit. I think that this should sum it up for me...its time for me to roll up my sleeves and put my thinking cap on.....maybe @Luddite  has one I can borrow.....Scribbles (10).png

@Jb456 , I think your statement goes towards everyone that participates in the community.  Everyone that is getting community reward has basically been a representative for PM at some time.  We are all the face of Public Mobile as we are the ones in here trying to help out the customers day after day.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

I will end with this.

Oracles, please do not take any offence to this.

You're all great in my mind and each and everyone of us appreciates what you do for these forums. However, some should brush up on their customer service skills, on how to interact with others in a polite and respectful manner. 

Remember! These forums are unique and unlike forums like Trip Advisor or Red Flag Deals where the chit chat from privileged users are relaxed. These forums are directly for a product!

Public Mobile has no phone numbers for those seeking assistance. They are directed to these forums! PM has recognized your abilities to assist others, reached out to you and put their trust in you regarding these forums. 

You are the face of Public Mobile!

Likely the deciding factor for some new potential clients if they will join this service or go somewhere else with phone support. How responses are worded are not only viewed by us but viewed by potential customers as well. As some word say "Time to get off the high horse" as you're not hurting us members. You're hurting Public Mobiles potential new clients.

Now can everyone give a fist pump👊 and get these darn forums back on track?!!!!!!

@srlawren wrote:

The constant bickering and potshots at the oracle team is really sickening.  This community is zero fun any more, and it's not because of the oracles I assure you. Some people are acting like spoiled children not used to not getting their way and it's really disheartening.  I'm going to have to re-think my participation here, as it's no longer bringing me joy.  

Ok, how 'bout a re-work of that post:

This community is zero fun any more, and it IS because of one oracle, I assure you! One person acted like a spoiled child, and when the conversation didn't go the way he liked, he "took his ball & went home"(metaphorically speaking), and while doing so, took some potshots of his own, so DO NOT act as though Oracles are the only ones receiving potshots.

As for the last sentence - "I'm going to have to re-think my participation here, as it's no longer bringing me joy.", I can wholeheartedly agree with THAT one, because that's what I've been doing the last couple of days, such that my participation level is almost zero, with these few exceptions, and at this point, I don't see it going up anytime soon, if ever.....

@srlawren wrote:

The constant bickering and potshots at the oracle team is really sickening.  This community is zero fun any more, and it's not because of the oracles I assure you.

Another 2 cents worth. Respect has to be earned. 

Some of the holier than thou condescending attitudes might disappear if the bravos, badges and community rewards were removed all together from the community. The community was built to be competitive and has been allowed to be combative.  So it is what it is. Either the structure should be changed or post 4 should be worked on.

@geopublic wrote:

Bravos are a complete sham in these forums. If quality of posts were a concern then the only bravos that Public Mobile should count are the ones that are given by the original poster and maybe unique bravos by other members. So, the rewards would be based on a points system: 

• Solution 100 points
  • OP bravo 10 points
  • Unique* bravo from another member 1 point

* you can only receive 1 unique bravo from another member ever.

To fix the community forums Public Mobile should revamp the forums. No usernames displayed, only they see them, for the monthly reward calculation. 

Currently, it matters who posted a fantastic response, based on their username.  Maybe you do not like the person in general or are ticked off at them for a recent comment on a post they made. Its highly likely you will not be giving them a bravo even though you know they deserve one. Or the many other reasons why one is not given.

Same goes with when solutions are marked. 3 people likely up for having the solution marked and there is (not saying its being done) but there is a chance that the person that gets the marked solution has a good re-pore with the person marking the solution. 

If every poster displayed as "Unknown" than everyone is free to like anything without repercussions. Repercussions Like "Every time they post, you like their post" "Looks like your guys are trying to build your bravo count", and the many more comments along those lines. 

Bravos are a complete sham in these forums. If quality of posts were a concern then the only bravos that Public Mobile should count are the ones that are given by the original poster and maybe unique bravos by other members. So, the rewards would be based on a points system: 

• Solution 100 points
  • OP bravo 10 points
  • Unique* bravo from another member 1 point

* you can only receive 1 unique bravo from another member ever.

@srlawren wrote:

The constant bickering and potshots at the oracle team is really sickening.  This community is zero fun any more, and it's not because of the oracles I assure you. Some people are acting like spoiled children not used to not getting their way and it's really disheartening.  I'm going to have to re-think my participation here, as it's no longer bringing me joy.  

Same could be said in reverse. Never direct but definitely insinuating. I'd assume, those in said position, would be held to a higher standard to keep these forums more on a neutral playing field. Not to constantly belittle a poster when they are not in agreement of someones post. There are nicer ways of saying things other than hinting between the lines. 

What do you think brand new or potential consumers think when they log into these forums and they see Oracles talking down to other posters?. How nice!

This very thread. Very first response, very first sentence to @darlicious post.

"honestly, if you are having to do calculations to reverse engineer the secret reward formula, life's priorities are totally misplaced"

Yup! As a potential brand new client, that is real nice to read. No care in the world tho, no care of @darlicious feelings after she spent her time on something she likes to do. Just belittle right from the start. 

So yes these forums are zero fun anymore!

@PAULRANG18 wrote:

Very well said, will13am. I couldn't agree more. I haven't posted anything for about a month and a half in the Community. It seems to have become a race ,a competition and it should not be that way. Don't know when I'll post regularly again.

@PAULRANG18 your absence has been noticed was hoping it wasn't an illness and now I see the reason.  Good to see you

I have tried to refrain. But here is my 2 cents. 

If some one is posting for the rewards so be it. 

There are some of us posting to be helpful with no want of a reward. 

There is a hog here that is always Johnny on the spot that is totally annoying.   

But there are some posting to help, be helped, and may post helpful information only with no regard to receiving a reward of some type. 

But there is a group  of power hungry incompetent individuals here that do not have the proper skills to promote good discussion and bring the best out of everyone. And those individuals should be addressed by Public Mobile. 

@srlawren wrote:

Take 3 before using SIMon.Take 3 before using SIMon.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@darlicious , if you didn't have any idea before, hopefully you do now.  This thread has served no purpose other than to reinforce the divisions in the community forum.  At the same time, it has solved nothing.  The different camps are just as resolute if not more in maintaining position in their respective foxholes.  Good job!

So I went and got the top 24 for the past 30 days and you can see how many bravos someone is earning per post and on average how many posts they make before one is chosen as a solution.

ShawnC13_0-1586200491618.png

Added this chart with Percentage of solutions based on posts as there was a request for it

ShawnC13_0-1586201587131.png

** Additional note that these numbers also do not reflect the bravos lost by many long term members that were lost with the recent archiving of older posts.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Guess I'll add my 2 cents (or is it pennies?) worth here as well.

I believe generally most people posting in this forum are trying to help others, of course, sometimes it's easy to get carried away as it can be a little addictive, especially when you first start posting.  They most definitely won't be posting and spending all that effort and time over a longer period for the rewards alone, which has been noted many, many times to be worth cents/hour.  

The funny thing is that people always seem to think that in the past everything was better and quality/quantity of posts/posters was better and and was done for less crass reasons, until you come across a poster from an older thread (this one was at least 2 years old and I don't remember the thread, but happened to notice it a few weeks ago when a new user posted their question to it), in which he/she is voicing a similar concern about how the posts have become more about post counts vs quality.  Of course, there are posts/posters who needlessly post the exact same information that was already posted 2+ hours earlier in  a particular thread.  But I believe they are usually outnumbered by people who are trying to help and sometimes repetitive posts are usually done within the first few minutes when answering to a question when two or more people are typing their response at the same time, except some users here are definitely much faster at typing than others (like myself) 🙂

But generally, I don't really like threads that start to accuse and infer motives to other users.  Anyway, that's JMO!

Need Help? Let's chat.