Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking data Usage

Donand
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can a person check your Usage for the month for your data

8 REPLIES 8

My data counter built into Android 8.1 includes data used to send/receive MMS. Public mobile's usage counter on the self-serve overview page does not include MMS data usage. Because of this, your phones counter may be larger than what PM says. It's a discrepancy but I'd rather it be this way then PM's counter being higher...

DarianDNewell
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You can find your devices data counter in your general settings under data depending on the phone and model.

rhbcc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

sometimes not having anything to do at this time of night can works wonders lol...

Ive found a link that can give you some insights.....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/any-way-to-track-data-usage-online...

hope this helps.

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

While Apps are OK, I find that they are not matching to what PM is reporting. So, they are good for roughly knowing of how much data you used, but still PM usage is the only 'official' tracking. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Donand 

Recommend this:

Data Witness PM – Apps on Google Play

You can also use your device's data counter.  On the morning following renewal, reset data counter on your device so the counter matches your Public Mobile 30-day cycle.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Donand :Another app you can try that created by a Public customer is Data Witness PM.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

I also suggest you to use app to track data as well... It's easier and it is at your fingertips any time (i always find it's trouble to logon Self-Serve.. and slow.)

But if you are using App, make sure you pick something that can count 30 days instead of just monthly.  For Android, I use Data counter Widget.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Donand wrote:

Can a person check your Usage for the month for your data

Log into self service and you can check your data usage. You can also look under My Data & Add-Ons, however it will no longer be displayed here if consumed.

4ED927BB-F962-4B83-9FA2-D44317488378.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.