cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cellular voice and data not working

MikeBarnard1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I subscribed yesterday my spouse and I yesterday.

Paid successfully. Transferred number from Bell Mobility including responding to SMS. Saw a message flash by on my phone that something didn't work, but assumed it might be temporary. Waited until this AM. No voice or data service still. 

Attempted troubleshooting with chatbot with no success.

I need a technical support agent to review my account data and get this fixed. How do I get that to happen?

12 REPLIES 12

@MikeBarnard1  .we happy to hear you finally go it sorted out , I take it you ported a number over from bell once that number successfully ports to new prover PM in this case it will automatically close your old account with bell 

MikeBarnard1

Resolved after a couple of days and three levels of support.

Best guess is that the Public Mobile app screwed up the e-sim install on our phones. A whack of testing that got all the way back to a great Telus 3rd level support rep who went the extra mile, and I tried virtually every hack to get e-sims working on iphones from the internet.

End result was that I had to do a backup, factory reset on both phones, restore and then use the QR code from the email to get the e-sims installed. Even then, the e-sim I'd been originally given was hosed for some reason.

Working now, and remarkably Bell Mobility didn't require me to jump through hoops to cancel the service on their side, but were doing it automatically.

MikeBarnard1

Yes, I submitted the ticket. As stated, no cellular voice or data is working.

@MikeBarnard1 wrote:

Thanks. I've done that.

HI @MikeBarnard1 

you submitted ticket?

but are you able to use data or make outbound calls?  That helps us to decide if it is a stuck port or sim problem

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

A failed transfer should still allow data and real sms text and even outgoing calls. Did you use sim cards or esims? What are the makes and models of the phones? Does your old Bell still work?

MikeBarnard1

Thanks. I've done that.

MikeBarnard1

Thanks.

MikeBarnard1

Checked all that thanks. Not the problem.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @MikeBarnard1 

you are not able to make outbound calls at all?

if you cannot even make calls and data, it is an account setup problem, please submit ticket with agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Here's alink for you to send message to CSA for their help...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MikeBarnard1 

Any chance you’ve yet to restart your device since authorizing the port? I’d first try rebooting the device. If that doesn’t work you can try resetting the network settings and then rebooting once more. 
If you are on an eSIM ensure you can see it in the settings of your phone and that it is enabled. You might have to click on the sim and manually turn it on. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@MikeBarnard1  No worries there’s a number for live support to re trigger the the port request for you , will send private message we not allowed to post it here and get it fixed 

Need Help? Let's chat.