cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowest price option to keep the number (don’t need service)

Lulu930
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi community,

I will not be using this service for 6 months + and looking for options to keep the current phone number without needing to make any calls or texts.

what is the lowest price option for only keeping the number? Can it receive texts? 

14 REPLIES 14

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You could get a voip app on a phone to take out of country (could be your normal phone). Then you could forward calls to that number. Then leave the sim at home.

Some voip apps will receive 2fa texts. You could leave your sim in a phone and leave the phone at home and get a text forwarding app and forward texts to that voip app. Not all apps will do this or would want money.

hi @Lulu930 

you cam only receive sms text code if you keep paying the service, not suspended 

And you want to receive bank 2FA or just PM's 2FA? Best to change to other way to receive the code before the trip

Lulu930

Oh, so is it better to leave the SIM card with someone in North America, so I can receive verification text messages?

i.e is the account linked to the physical SIM card, so I must leave it in North America to receive texts?

If it cannot receive texts outside of North America, there would be no use for the service during this time at all

what is your recommendation based on this?

@Lulu930  No way to receive texts from PM outside North America  . You could when in wifi download text now or what’s app thou 

Lulu930

Thanks, so to confirm: if there’s no payment coming in, the account will be automatically suspended, and it will not receive any incoming texts until I pay again? 

I won’t be in the U.S, but if we’re outside of North America, on the 15 dollar plan, can we still receive texts? 

If we’re outside of North America, is there any way on public mobile to continue receiving text messages from anywhere? 

Lulu930

Thanks for your detailed reply, I turned off auto pay but I’m still trying to figure out changing plans without being charged, when I click change plan on renewal date, it automatically chose a credit card and it says the card will be charged on the renewal date

IMG_1591.jpeg

Lulu930

IMG_1591.jpeg

It’s asking for a payment in order to confirm changing plans, and it says it will charge the card on the renewal date. Is that normal?

thanks for your responses 

@Lulu930  You shouldn’t be charged for that $15 plan until your next renewal day . The only way you will be charged right away is you changed plans immediately so if you haven’t done that at just got charged extra please submit ticket with support 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Lulu930

IMG_1590.jpeg

Hi, I chose change on renewal but it’s still charging me the cost of one month in order to make that change. Is that normal?

@Lulu930 !you should have it on to change plan then once the plan changes turn off auto pay and can change it for next renewal so you don’t lose money on your current cycle .if you change plan now you will be charged the new plan  cost right away starting a new 30 day cycle 

Change plan in 3 easy clicks

Handy1_0-1695318991290.jpeg

Once you find plan you want be sure to (change on renewal )So you don’t lose money on current cycle

Lulu930

Thanks for your reply, I’ve turned off auto pay. However, when I tried to change the plan, it’s asking me to pay right away.

is that the only option, to pay upfront for a plan change?

What if I do nothing and just toggle off auto pay now, and come back to change plan on day 85?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Lulu930 

If your account is suspended as described, you will not be able to receive texts.  

Will you be traveling abroad? If you will be traveling to USA, if you change your account to the $15 plan, you will be still able to receive texts if plan is active,  PM does not offer other international roaming.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lulu930 

this is what you need to do to keep alive the account:

PM only allows the account to be suspended for 90 days or your account will be permanently closed and you will loss the number

So, your option is to temporary suspend the account and reactivate for 30 days before the 90 days deadline

Here is what you can do (assuming your Available fund = $0)

1.  First, change plan to $15 plan (to reduce the cost to keep you number)
  2.  Then disable "Subscribed" from Payment page (Payment page, Managed Subscription, toggle off the "Subscribed" there
  3.  On the next renewal date, since pre-authorized payment is disabled, it won't be renewed.   
          Make note of that day 1 of the suspension date
  4.  VERY IMPORTANT.   Come back at around 85th days after the first date of the suspension to make a manual payment to renew the account for 30 days.  You can simply click "Pay Now and Resume Services" button and follow the step to make a manual payment.
    Since, you have changed to $15 plan, so, it will just cost you $15 for that 30 days cycle.  After you make the payment, make sure you see clearly that the account status is changed to ACTIVE.  If not, you will either have to open ticket with PM support or come and seek help here in the Community
    (Don't wait till the 89th or 90th days as My Account could be down for maintenance or payment could be an issue, you want to give yourself enough time to sort it out)
  5.  Make note of that date, again, the account will be active for 30 days only and will be suspended again after the 30 days.  Make note of the date it got suspended again
  6.  As the Autopay toggle "Subscribed" is already toggled off,  it won't renew after that 30 days cycle.

I hope you will be back by then. You just need to change the plan back to the one you want and then reactivate and remember to enable Autopay again (toggle  on "Subscribed")
    If you still not back to Canada by the end of that 90 days, then come back NO LATER than 85th date and repeat from step 4 again

Handy1
Mayor / Maire
  • @Lulu930  Change to the $15 plan and turn off auto subscribe you can leave the account in suspended state for up to 90 days so on the 85 day make manual payment for 30 days and rinse and repeat will cost you $30 bucks to keep it for 6 months at a time
  • Turn  auto pay  OFF/ON  3 easy clicks

Handy1_0-1695036830831.png

Or if you know the 4 digit PIN number

Need Help? Let's chat.