cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel subscription

Hani_Ouali
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I canceled my subscription but I still got charged, I know I have a 90 days grace period. I was supposed to have $36 in funds, now I have $21. Can admin help me fix his please.

Thank you

1000032847.jpg

1000032846.jpg

1000032840.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

How, exactly, is that theft @Hani_Ouali  ?

Turning of a subscription simply disables the auto-pay provision.  Having an available balance is a credit which is automatically drawn upon on cycle renewal dates.   It's designed this way for the many customers who load funds on their accounts prior to renewal (when they have the funds) to ensure a continuation of service.

The ONLY way to truly cancel service is to:

1. successfully port your number to another provider
  2. ensure auto-pay is disabled and there are ZERO available funds to draw upon
  3. formally request a customer support agent to terminate the account/service through a service request

In your case, since you STILL HAVE an available balance remaining, proceeding with option#3 will cause you to forfeit the credit remaining, as there are NO REFUNDS of credits upon account termination.

Recommendation would be to port to another provider, or deplete the available funds, then removing auto-pay and the account will terminate when there are zero funds on a renewal.

HI @Hani_Ouali 

PM is a prepaid provider and don't provide refund.  If you are cancelling your service, your $36 or $21 won't be able to refund anyway.  

No theft here, it was stay clearly on the Service Terms.  Like any mobile companies, they work according to CRTC guidelines and subscribers are responsible to read and understand the terms.  

https://assets.ctfassets.net/xe7doznj0dju/1TbtVZv98kU1gWD5orA57y/01760196e6adec864609b1ac5e7ee2d0/Pu...

@Hani_Ouali !I hear ya . But unfortunately it a known thing is you want to cancel account for 90’days by turning off auto pay . That’s fine but if you have available funds it’s also known it will take those funds to pay for the plan . It’s just how the system works . It’s unfortunate that it’s not more clear for folks . And unfortunately no don’t think there’s anything support will do for ya I this case . But please try and if they do let us know so we can inform others when they find themselves in your situation .

Hani_Ouali
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So that's theft

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Hani_Ouali  Despite turning off auto subscribe . You need to make sure you don’t have available funds on the account if you do . Even with auto subscribe off and available funds the system will automatically take the available finds to pay for the plan 

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Hani_Ouali 

I am sorry that you got charged despite turning off the subscription. You will have to contact customer service to investigate on their end. Give them as much info as possible and I would provide the screenshots that you included here that show that you did in-fact turn off the subscription toggle. PM usually is no refunds but if you were charged as you showed while having the subscription turned off I’m sure they will be able to make things right for you.

Please click this link below to message customer service:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in (envelope icon on desktop, click your avatar icon in the corner and then click messages if on mobile).

Need Help? Let's chat.