Did you mean: 

Cancel account

Mariasteve
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How to cancel my account 

12 REPLIES 12

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sorry did make a typo on my response to the OP - instead of 32 months I meant 3 months.

Just don't make payments and after 3 months they will close your account. 

@Tsawwassen wrote:

Just don't make payments and after 32 months they will close your account. 

32 months?  You meant 3 months  (90 days/3 months, approx.)  I'm assuming it's a typo, of course..  

As originally provided, @Mariasteve 

by deselecting "enable auto pay" under the Payments tab of your self-serve screen. "

Presumably, you have logged into your self-serve account since you've been here?   It's possible you may not have.   

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Tsawwassen 

That is misinformation and not helpful to the OP.

@Mariasteve 

You have several options to cancel your services....

1. Porting out your phone number will automatically cancel and close your account.
  2. Suspend your services via lost/stolen by midnight eastern on or before day 30 of your cycle and 2am eastern on the following day or what would normally be day 1 of your new 30 day cycle.
  3. Disable autopay either by calling 611 from your phone or 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your 10 digit phone number. You will need to enter your 4 digit account pin # to access the autopay menu.
  4. Log into your self serve account and disable autopay on the payment page. 
  5. Replace your payment card with a valid card that will cause autopay to fail such as a $0 gift credit card. (I can supply details of one of several $0 gift cards please feel free to send me a private message if you would like to use this option.)
  6. Put a hold on your current payment card before midnight eastern on day 30 of your cycle and you can remove the hold once your services are suspended or after noon eastern the following day.
  7. Contact customer support to remove your payment card registered for autopay.
  8. Send written notice stating the date you wish your public mobile services to be canceled to their 25 York St. Toronto, Ontario address allowing for a minimum 30 days for it to take effect.

All of these methods except #1 and #8 will suspend your services that once 90 days without paid service or a manual top up payment to reactivate a plan the account will automatically be canceled and deactivated.

You could also allow someone to take over your account by changing all of the personal info on the account and sharing login credentials. If it is a $$ rewards account there are members who would be grateful for the opportunity. 😀

@Mariasteve login yo My Account,  Payment page, Manage payment method and disable there 

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/manage-card-summaryhttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/manage-card-summary

@Mariasteve  Login in to self serve go to payment tab and disable 

My account

Legend  and features

Change plan / update cc /auto pay

Handy1_0-1674933619168.png

Account #/ change # port /swap SIM

Mariasteve

How do you disable autopay

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just don't make payments and after 3 months they will close your account. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Mariasteve 

You cancel cancel your account by porting your old number to another carrier but it is best that you disable AutoPay and remove your CC information.

The other option if you don’t want to port your number is to just disable AutoPay and remove CC and suspended payment for more than 90 days and your account will be closed.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Mariasteve  You can sign into self serve and disable auto pay will close your account completely in 90 days or if you port number out it will automatically close your account other option is to contact support and have them remove cc I do right away and close account 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

Canceling is easy, @Mariasteve 

Simply remove auto-pay by deselecting "enable auto pay" under the Payments tab of your self-serve screen.   When this is done (presuming you don't have any unused service credits to use up) your account will suspend of the next renewal date, and will permanently deactivate 90 days thereafter.

Additionally, if you are porting (moving) your number to another provider, when the porting process is completed, your Public Mobile account will automatically cancel.

If you wish to immediately cancel and terminate the account (and are NOT porting), remove the auto-pay designation if you have one, and contact the Customer Support Agents to make this request.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Mariasteve

Can I get help need to cancel my account 

Need Help? Let's chat.