cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text history not accurate

KnightS0891
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

can anyone tell me why under my detailed usage the texts all show as outgoing to 474663?  It does not show any incoming, and no other numbers. Even with iMessage logged out. 

3 REPLIES 3

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@KnightS0891 

This is normal. It is a  common issue that  iPhones usually  send to 474663 (iMessage/FaceTime)   to set up things when you restart your phone or first sign up a new number or a new provider or setup a new phone

If you want to use keep using iMessage and FaceTime,  there is no way to stop these messages. It's not a PM issue but Apple.

Android has similar thing but it sends to 7723 instead

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@KnightS0891 

It's definitely related to iPhone usage and it's iMessage function.

In my group of users, it displays ONLY on the usage history for those using iPhone - it DOES NOT display on those using Android.

If you want certainty, and have access to a non-iPhone to use for a little while, try popping your sim card in that other device for a couple of days and you will not see those numbers appearing in your usage history.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@KnightS0891 wrote:

Hi, 

can anyone tell me why under my detailed usage the texts all show as outgoing to 474663?  It does not show any incoming, and no other numbers. Even with iMessage logged out. 

I wrote to CS_agent about "474663" before, this was CS_agent respond:

"I checked about the outgoing messages to the short code: 474663 and there are two main triggers for this activity to happen and be listed in your usage history as an Outgoing message. First, this is trigger also for the voicemail as a "Message Waiting Indicator" this means that when you receive the alert of a new voice message has been received the system will be listing this as a new Outgoing message. Second, this could be trigger for the usage of iMessages.

For both scenarios, this is something normal to occur when you start using an iPhone and this doesn't involve a security issue that you should be concerned about."

Need Help? Let's chat.