cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada-US Plan no calls from US

Roamer67
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the Canada-US plan and in the US at the moment. Data and text work fine but I cannot make or receive phone calls. Roaming is on, I've tried resetting the phone and the mobile settings to no avail. Connected to T-mobile network if that matters. 

Anyone have advice?

7 REPLIES 7

Roamer67
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks this did it. I should have thought of resetting before. 

For others' reference:

- On T-mobile and resetting network settings did it. Data and voice now work

@DennyCrane- lol After I clicked post I thought oh wait DennyCrane would know. Thanks for jumping in. I seem to think I've seen some other replies having trouble though.

@dust2dust My data was working on the 5G network in the US.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If your phone has not yet been enabled for volte then talk will only work on 2G GSM only on T-Mobile. Your phone needs to be able to either drop down automatically or you need to be able to switch it manually.
I'm not yet convinced that data is working on 5G. 4G/LTE yes.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Roamer67 

are you connected to T-Mobile? try connect to AT&T, some people said voice worked , but they can't have data working, but at least try

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Roamer67 

If you don't have VoLTE compatible phone, you may need to choose T mobile 2G network.  

You could try network reset of phone (this will erase your Wifi saved passwords)

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Roamer67  does your phone have an option for voLTE if so be sure to turn it on and try in different areas . And yes you need to be connected to T mobile 

Need Help? Let's chat.