cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t make outgoing calls

BigDB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I can’t seem to make outgoing calls today.  I always get a message saying call failed.  I’ve tried restarting the phone, resetting the APN, and switching to 3G already but none of them work.  (Switching to 3G gets me a message that’s says the number is not in service).

i urgently need this fixed as I use my phone all day for work!

6 REPLIES 6

BigDB

CS was able to help me.  Turned out to be an issue on their side.

@BigDB 

Thanks for trying. 

Do you have an extra phone lying around?  Try your PM SIM card in other phone.  See whether same problem. Helps determine whether phone issue versus PM service problem. 

BigDB

Appreciate that @Dunkman , but sadly didn't work.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@BigDB 

As you wait for CSA help, 

Try adding either +1 or 1 in front of the area code before calling.  

Some customers had similar issues and this seemed to help. 

BigDB

Thanks.  I submitted a ticket.  I tried turning off the phone for longer, and unfortunately there's no VoLTE option in my Mobile Data section.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BigDB   APN is only for data and won't help for calls

Look like you could be be impacted by the recent VoLTE enablement.  

Try this first, power down the phone for 5 mins and power up again and test

If that still does not work, you might want to try to check if you have a VoLTE option under Connection->Mobile Data, enable it and test

or change the Preferred network type or Network mode to 3G only and see if incoming calls are working after

if still nothing work, open ticket with PM support and they can refresh your account and resolve the issue

Please open ticket with PM support using Chatbot:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.