Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add data to.my phone

HeneryJ1970
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I add data to my phon

8 REPLIES 8

@HeneryJ1970 

To add data to your account you have the most options in your self serve account. After manually topping up your available funds in your account balance with either your payment card on file or with a pm voucher you can choose from the following options:

• Purchase add on data. $5/200mb or $15/1gb (better value). Add ons are one time purchases that remain on your account rolling over every 30 days until completely consumed. They are only used once any monthly plan data has already been depleted.
  • The exception to this rule are the 10 day US roaming add ons that are activated immediately after purchase and expire 240 hours later (10 days×24 hours).

Or

• You can change your plan to one with a larger data bucket by scheduling a change plan on next renewal or you can forfeit the remainder of your current plan and change your plan now by choosing "immediately" however any rewards you may have will not apply until your next renewal.
  • You can also renew your current plan early. If you have a grandfathered plan or promotional bonuses that you may lose if you change plans then this may be the only viable option. You must contact customer support and have a CSA renew your current plan for you.

Or

• You may or may not be aware of pm's "More is Merrier" campaign that is giving all customers a 2gb data add on and 500 international long distance calling minutes as holiday gifts. This may suit your immediate needs. If you did not recieve a text from 4911 that you could reply YES to so they could be added to your account you can contact customer support to have them added to your account.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@HeneryJ1970...other options...renew your current plan early. You'll need the CSA to help with that. You'll sacrifice whatever balance of talk / text and you'll have a new renewal date starting the date you renew early.

Another option is to upgrade to a plan with more data ( and more cost). You can upgrade immediately or at next renewal. If you opt to upgrade immediately, you need to have sufficient $$ in Available Funds for the new plan of your choice. New plan with more data will be available to use as soon as you buy it and your next renewal date is then 30 days away.

You can upgrade yourself using the self-serve selections in your account.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You can add add-on through 611, purchase a voucher at a local convenience store that sells them, or gas station or London Drugs and add the minutes to your account.

Purchasing an add-on after logging in into your PM account is a two-step process. You need to load funds first and then purchase add on.

1. Add funds to your PM account: Any funds to buy add-ons come from your balance, so manually add funds to your available balance first.
  2. Buy Add-On: You will actually buy the add-on after you add funds to your account or else you won't have funds to actually buy the add-on. Funds to buy add-on come from Your account (after adding funds in step #1) and not directly from your credit card.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeneryJ1970 : Technically...you don't add it to your phone...you add it to your account. You can also use the 611 service to deposit money from a voucher or a pre-registered payment card and then buy the add-on data with the last two needing your 4 digit PIN.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @HeneryJ1970 

Just login to your My Account and buy additional Data add-on

Remember that it is a 2 steps process to buy add-on, first load the fund and then buy the add-on.  Many people only loaded fund and not aware of the 2nd part

@HeneryJ1970 wrote:

How do I add data to my phon

Additional data can be purcahsing using yoru Public Mobile Self Serve account. It'll be in the Plans & Add-ons section.  1GB of additional data is available for $15.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeneryJ1970 

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, 

How To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

Follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’,
  5. after purchase successful you have to do Rebooting your phone
    what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

Need Help? Let's chat.