cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account rewards not applied this month

fredfor
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

A warning to check your bill carefully!

I have been a customer for a couple years, I'm on autopay, and I have some rewards that I get each month.

When I log in to my self service account I can see my rewards, they are for the correct amount and everything looks normal.

Public mobile has always automatically charged the correct amount each billing cycle, until now.

I did not get my rewards, I was charged the full price for my plan. I noticed this while looking at my credit card bill and wondering why the amount from public mobile is much higher than usual.

Even the $2 autopay reward was missing - if you are charging a credit automatically that means autopay must be active.

So I've contacted a moderator/agent to fix the problem, but I shouldn't have to do this.

I'd really like to have a look at Public mobile's backend computer systems and see how messed up they are...

13 REPLIES 13

@fredfor 

When did your plan renew?  Yesterday? 

I will raise the issue with PM if more accounts are affected besides the two mentioned so far.  

One of my accounts renewed on August 31 with correct rewards, but that was a few days ago.  

Unfortunately, usually no response from PM during weekends/long weekend.  Likely a response on Tuesday.  

@softech 

Well that part is easy....just like the lost/stolen glitch the CSA can just manually apply the rewards to the account balance and they will be used for the following renewal. The wider issue is how many accounts have been suspended that are either not on autopay or don't have a working autopay card and rely on a voucher top up and their rewards to pay their bill. Those customers accounts will have been suspended.

I have sufficient balance in my accounts to cover my plan amount even though rewards pay my bill....many do not. If you don't self suspend then the onus is on pm to apply the rewards to the accounts manually before reactivation so the customer can use their rewards to pay for or cover a portion of their plan amount.

@fredfor  That should be an easy case to work with PM for getting the money back.  (maybe as refund or as Available Fund for next cycle).  Send CS Agent all the screenshots you have.

Hope CS Agent will get back shortly.  But sound like they have been replying slow last couple days.   Let us know how it turns out.  

@fredfor 

Nice catch! I was checking an account I manage for something else but in the back if my mind I was thinking the balance isn't correct....and it's not. Rewards were not applied. This may be a widespread issue. Hopefully pm management like @J_PM  or @Alan_K  are still checking in on the long weekend as I highly doubt you are the first and I am certainly not the last to notice this issue in their accounts.

Maybe @Dunkman  or @computergeek541  can raise the issue with pm.

@fredfor 

Thank you I just wanted to confirm they were not applied to your account. I have a lot of history with the lost/stolen glitch. This is the is the first I have heard of rewards not applying within the the first half hour (usually the first few minutes) after midnight eastern on the day of renewal. Now you are going to make me check an account.....I will report back.

fredfor

Hi softech,

No, the problem is not resolved. I have contacted a moderator/agent about the problem but no response yet.

I have many types of rewards on file, all of them were not applied.

darlicious, my account is not lost/stolen. It has never been lost/stolen.

darlicious, I'm not sure how I can be more clear:

When you log in to your selfservice account, on the first webpage that you see, there is a section "My Rewards" where your rewards are listed. I have a number of rewards listed in that section, and they are correct.

But this month, for the first time since I became a customer, those rewards were not applied to my bill when my credit card was charged automatically to renew my service.

And as I wrote previously, I'd really like to have a look at Public mobile's backend computer systems and see how messed up they are.

After all, if there is a credit card on file for automatic billing, and public mobile successfully automatically charges that credit card for the recurring 30-day billing, that means that autopay must be active and I should at least get the $2 discount.

@esjliv 

I think that the OP needs to clarify as I read the post it says to me that rewards were not applied to the account but appear in the rewards section as normal but are not in the transaction history. Thus not applied.

@esjliv 

An autopay failure will not affect rewards as they are applied approximately two hours before autopay is triggered.

@darlicious 

If the same thing happened to @fredfor as one of my friends on Public Mobile than it is basically getting charged full price when you activate a SIM card and any rewards you should be getting that should normally reduce your renewal does not get applied.

Sure, the rewards may go into your Available Funds. But, I think that is not the point fredfor is making.

OP got charged FULL price on Autopay. And, this really just should not happen. Therefore, seeing this and filing a complaint..I mean submitting a ticket to CSA, would be my suggested route. As, that is not cool.

@fredfor 

Are you absolutely sure you did not suspend your account via lost/stolen even for half a second at anytime in the last 30 days? Other than changing your plan early this is the only known glitch to cause rewards not to apply upon renewal.

@esjliv 

An autopay failure will not affect rewards as they are applied approximately two hours before autopay is triggered.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks for the head up...

so, it's all resolved now?

curious, other than Autopay , what kind of reward was missed?

And was your account put into Lost/Stolen during last month by any chance?

Yes, PM system is a bit buggy.   The Autopay system is certainly an "interesting" one  🙂

fredfor

Triguy, I have made no changes, it is the same plan as always.

There is a valid credit card on file for autopay, autopay is active, my card was charged automatically, public mobile sent me a text message as usual saying my plan was renewed, my rewards are listed correctly in my selfservice account, and my phone is working.

Public mobile needs to work on competence...

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you make any plan changes ?

• If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @fredfor ,

That is good advice to check your bill and confirm charges are correct!

Autopay failures can result in not getting your rewards assigned properly. Also, if accounts have been listed into lost/stolen status this can also affect rewards that should have been given.

Keep up the good work in checking what you should be given. And if at any time you see this happening, contact CSA to tell them to have your rewards credited to your account.

👍

Need Help? Let's chat.