cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there no way to get the 2GB promotion if it ends before the SIM card arrives?

inaam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is only worth it for me if I get the promotion but it will end before the SIM arrives, is this really how the promos work?

13 REPLIES 13

@barndoor 

I believe the shipping time entirely depends on the shipper and how quickly they fulfill the order and how far the destination is from the that contractor. The one and only time I ordered a couple of SIM cards from pm they arrived in 3 days. But I also noticed they came from Naniamo on Vancouver Island to my place in Vancouver.

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous  ... I was a newbie back the end of April  ... and didn't know any better and just ordered it on line . It was quick  I thought, and didn't understand all the warnings that I have seen since . LOL  .     Maybe location is an issue ? I 'm in Ontario so maybe  closer to the source so it has less time to get lost  ... no idea ,just know it worked for me and wouldn't hesitate to try it again . 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barndoor : You ordered from here? I seem to recall seeing many complaints of how long it takes to arrive if ever. Maybe they've improved.

barndoor

@Anonymous  I assume the 3-7 you are referring to is re sim shipping ?  I can't argue with their number because mine was here in 4 business days . just sayin . 

I find it interesting  how Jade  says the sim SHIPS in 3-7 days  ( which would be closer to a 3 week arrival)  but the big marketing ad says  it will ARRIVE in 3 -7 days   ...   it's almost  as though there is a language barrier involved . 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barndoor : Preachin' to the choir. Poor wording often gets pointed out. On exceedingly rare occasions, they change it. It's simply copy/paste from the prior thing with all of it's poor wording continuing on. And then they get promoted up to the big leagues.

Edit: the announcement finally got edited to remove in store. Not sure when. Maybe an Oracle can see the edit history? So that's something. The 3 - 7 days should absolutely be changed to 3 weeks or something because that's clearly not what happens.

barndoor

@darlicious wrote:

@inaam 

Unfortunately pm cannot ship it's SIM cards in a timely manner to coincide with their flash sales. 

I  agree ... but then they should not write    IF YOU NEED A SIM ,  Buy sim on line  ...  Your SIM will arrive in 3-7 days. Activate with the promo code above to get this deal. "

In my understanding of the english language that means ... you buy it from us we will honour the promo code on the sim you bought from us and arrives in a week or so  . I saw no exclusion for date either in print or by footnote re that statement.        Come on marketing people, if you don't mean it don't say it . 

barndoor

Sales are always a gamble but  this bonus has been on and off  since april . be patient  ... who knows they might even up the ante next time around .  😀

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@inaam 

Unfortunately pm cannot ship it's SIM cards in a timely manner to coincide with their flash sales. However there are likely several retail locations in your area that you could purchase a sim card from including TMS ( Loblaws, RCSS) London Drugs, Husky, Wal-Mart ( maybe....I avoid personally) or you can look on Facebook marketplace, Craigslist......or tell us your area and you may have a fellow member willing to give, trade etc..... SIM cards if you give us your general location.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@inaam : Just to clarify some of that above...when you activate using a referral code then _you_ would get the $10. It's when you refer someone using your code after your activation that you would start the $1 and _they_ would get the $10.

Edit: lol nvm I see the poster edited their post.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@inaam...get the sim card and if you miss this promo..save it for the next. Seems like there's usually only a short time between promo's now. Liable to be more promo's soon, with schools starting up again.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@inaam 

i suggest you get a New SIM card is better for you and fast way

from any Retail store and you buy it right away,

Where To Buy A SIM card,

You can purchase a Public Mobile SIM card at a variety of retail locations. Click Here link 

to open our store locator and find the closest retailer to you.

or 

Too easy buy it go to any gas station near me the have it  SIM card,

update @inaam 

How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

for new customers who activate online.only, To get  2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50, $70 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB,just to you know.

put it the email for it and the same email when you do a new activate, Here link,

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (xxxxxx)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,like a SIM card for Free is will be cover,

they will applied within 72hr,,,

*information about Refer A Friend Reward, How Does It Work visit  Here link,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service 

you will be very happy

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@inaam Another option is as someone posted yesterday that amazon has the PM sim for ~$6.95 and with prime you can get it probably the next day. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Many stores sell simcards, if you are able to get there. Mobile shop, wow mobile , Walmart is hit and miss as they often require activation.  What city are you in some members might have a spare sim

Need Help? Let's chat.