cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally ordered a SIM instead of e-SIM and can't get a response from customer support.

mikebr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just want to change my order but no response at all from customer support, not a great way to treat new customers.

15 REPLIES 15

Boki
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@softech @slusagm 

Thank you guys for clarification. Nevertheless being old-fashioned I will stick with real SIM until forced to switch to esim.

Similar as driving manual car instead of automatic and god forbid electrical, LOL!!!! LOL!!!

Thanks again!

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yes, I  read that link earlier.  Always do my homework before posting my comments.  Thanks Oracle for confirming 

I hope @Boki now  understand it fully and  will  like eSIM for its free replacement. But , if you want to change over to eSIM, you still need to pay the initial $5 once , then free replacement after. 

@Boki 

you have quoted the new activation free part, but @slusagm was very right that eSIM replacement is free.  This is the reference to PM official words about eSIM replacement 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/get-a-sim-card

Existing eSIM users at Public Mobile who need a replacement can do so at no extra cost. When you request a new eSIM through the usual process, we automatically identify you as an existing eSIM user and waive the replacement fee. See below for steps on how to get your new eSIM.

Of course nothing is forever, but until PM makes any changes, this is as "Forever" as it can be for now 

Boki

@slusagm wrote:

@Boki 

outdated info.   eSIM cam be transferred free now.  Download the app and install new one for free

@slusagm 

I sorry but YOU are wrong!

eSIM is 'TEMPORARY' FREE. Read small print before jumping up.

***Limited time offer. New activations only. Applicable to eSIM compatible devices only. Public Mobile reserves the right to remove or change this offer at any time without notice.

Even if replace eSIM is currently free it does not mean it will be free forever... so I still stand physical SIM is way more portable and transferrable than software gimmick which is cheaper for provider.

Wayworn

Just initiate your phone instantly with e-sim and then contact CS agents. If you paid for it , CS may refund you the cost of the physical sim or if not just keep it for possible future use.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Boki 

outdated info.   eSIM cam be transferred free now.  Download the app and install new one for free

because of that, eSIM is even better, you pay $10 to replace a physical sim , but $0 to replace eSIM

you never want eSIM, maybe you need to try it out first

Boki

eSIM is software thing. Software fails often.
eSIM is not trnasferrable. Your phone dies you have to get (buy) another eSIM. You want to change/ugrade  phone you have to get new eSIM.

SIM is transferrable.
You change your phone or want to try new one you pull our SIM and plug in into new phone.
SIM rarely fails unless you physically damage it.

I never want eSIM but that is just me. If all future phones switch to esim I stay wit my phone until it dies.

mikebr

I don't have an e-SIM, as per the title of the post. Someone replied in here and said to wait for the physical SIM because the e-SIM is unreliable.

hi @mikebr eSIM generally works well. did you get an error saying your phone not eSIM compatible or just cannot successfully activate the eSIM??

mikebr

Yes I've been checking my inbox and have already messaged twice more today, still nothing.

mikebr

What are the problems with the e-SIM? If there is a difference they should list it on the website, seems very sketchy.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @mikebr 

did you check the community inbox?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

They usually reply quick z issue like this usually get sorted out within 4 hours

If it is more than 2 hours already, message support agent again 

mikebr

I opened a ticket last night and have been waiting all day. 30 minute estimate for a response is a joke.

eddieO

@mikebr it can take around 2 hours to hear back but longer if they are getting bogged down by lots of messages so hang tight and you should hear back from them

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you did open a ticket just be patient and agent will get back to you. They are overwhelmed with requests for support.

I would keep and use physical SIM as it is more flexible and reliable than eSIM...

Need Help? Let's chat.